What can I do to get BF2 to run smoother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boma

In Runtime
I have:

A64 2800+
1 GIG Corsair Value (Running in Single Channel Mode)
120GB IDE HDD
6600GT AGP 8X (leadtek)
DFI Landparty NF3

I already have the newest drivers for my video card.

I already tweaked my Video card to 550mhz/1100mhz with RivaTuner.

I am running at a res of 1240x1028 with everything on medium roughly.

Wake Island runs really smooth even on high. But when I play maps like Daqing Oilfields or any other Dustlike map it slows down. But if I set everything on low it runs fine.

Gimme some tips! I know my rig can run better than this...

More RAM, less AA and AS. By the way, your card should be something like 320mhz core stock. And Ultra is 400mhz, and new GTX is only 430mhz. You say your video card is OC'd to 550mhz?

The 6600GT can simply run at a faster clock speed, but it has less pipelines.

I think this is the standard oc'ing speed for most 6600gt'ers. I also found people on newegg.com saying they set their cards at this speed. Thats why I set mine at that speed.

Correct me if I'm wrong...

BF2 is one of the games that need 2GB of RAM to run at high settings, so the best thing I would recommend would be get another stick of 1GB and I think you would be set.

Really??? I didn't know that.

If I buy another stick of Corsair Value 1gig PC400 DDR dual channel...

will it still be good in a year? Or would a new type of memory make it obselete?

I'm on a socket 754 board, and I know this memory works great for socket 939's in dual channel mode. Is there faster memory that is about to come out for socket 939 boards??

I have this:

AMD Athlon XP 2600+ (operating at 1.92 GHZ)
1.25 GB ram (1 GB stick is generic, bought on ebay for $45)
PNY Geforce 6600 vanilla (300/500)

Im running battlefield 2 at 1024 x 768, all medium, view distance 100%, and anti aliasing 2x. Doesn't lag at all. When I switch aa to 4x, then it starts lagging a little.

I guess you just need more ram. I would imagine your pc as it is SHOULD run the game faster than mines, but you're running higher res, so that's why it's not great. Just use 1024 x 768, you can probably run it at high. Although they have said to run bf2 on high with full AA, you need at least 2 GB ram.

Good luck! BF2 kicks ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom