What is the best Crysis config?

Status
Not open for further replies.
intel core i7 920 @ 2.66 ghz
gtx 285 @ stock
6 GB 1600 mhz ddr3
asus p6t x58

I'm averaging 25 fps at 1920x1200, and I want more.

dude..the game runs totally smooth at 10-15fps, so i know 25fps isn't laggy for you :\

and these configs will probably lower fps if anything.

I don't think people would use them if they did that. The game definitely isn't smooth between 10 and 15. It starts getting noticeably laggy as soon as it drops below 20. I have turned the settings down before to high, and my fps went up into the 30's, and I could notice it being smoother.

i played it at everything very high(or w/e the highest thing is)and AAx2 at 15-20fps and it was smoother than most games at 30-40fps...

anyway...i guess this config looks alright, give it a go.

EDIT: make sure you have the latest patches..when i installed mine it gave me a 5fps-ish increase

intel core i7 920 @ 2.66 ghz
gtx 285 @ stock
6 GB 1600 mhz ddr3
asus p6t x58

I'm averaging 25 fps at 1920x1200, and I want more.

You are still going at this huh? lol :) I recall your other topic about this. You are like me dude. I want more FPS from Crysis then I am getting. I see all these claims of FPS over 30. But never once in person did I ever see this on any ones setup.

Plain and simple your setup at that resolution will not yield FPS over 30. The key thing here is your resolution and the fact this is Crysis. OC your cpu isn't going to get you there either.

Your best bet is go down to high settings if you really want more.

what?? i overclocked my 9800GTX from 675MHZ core to 860MHZ core. and that yeilds me a good 5FPS. and when i'm only getting 20FPS maxed on crysis that 5 FPS is alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom