Weird mouse problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Threepwood

Daemon Poster
Alright well I got got an mx518 and its pretty awesome. Heres something messed though, in diablo 2 if I hold down the alt key then the mouse completely locks up on me until I let go of the key. The alt key is a key you need to press, and its probably the same even if i map the function to another key.

I've been having a ton of computer problems lately but usually they are on and off, has anyone ever encountered this with a mouse? Should i switch from USB to the ps2 converter, or will that impact the mouse performance?

My other crazy problem is often in explorer everything lags up for about 5 seconds. This is even when the page is still and not changing.

Ugh I think I might have to reformat soon, what a pain in the ***.

I have the Logitech MX518 and I have had no problems at all with it. I play old and new games and everything is working fine. Have you tried a different mouse or mapping the key to something else? Also did you use the driver CD and the utility it came with?

Yeah I did, my windows is pretty screwed up though so Im thinking thats the problem. I guess thats what you get after 4 months of constant internet surfing to warez sites with no virus protection.

- Nm I think i fixed it by using ps2 instead of USB. Maybe the problem is usb doesnt reserve cpu power or something, so when the processor goes at max it screws stuff up. Cause I dont know if anyone else gets this, but for me diablo 2 uses more processor power then Oblivion, cant figure out how that makes any sense but it does.

Mr_Threepwood said:
Yeah I did, my windows is pretty screwed up though so Im thinking thats the problem. I guess thats what you get after 4 months of constant internet surfing to warez sites with no virus protection.

LOL, that's why I stopped going warez sites a long time ago. They just kept screwing my machine up, even with virus protection. The worse one I had was, when my machine started up it was fine and then as soon as my onboard LAN card connected to the internet the whole machine just froze up. I couldn't do anything, the mouse would freeze, I couldn't open up the control manager, absolutely nothing worked. So I had to disable the LAN card quickly in the few seconds after start up and then it would be alright. In the end I just reformatted and have never been back to a warez site again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom