Weird issue with Black and White 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kershner

Baseband Member
Ok, so this is an older game, I know, but it's the only game I can intall without and internet connection while I wait for my wireless adapter.

Anyway, I just built a brand new system (E5200, UD3R, 2x2 Corsair DDR2 1066 Ram, 4830, Core Contact Freezer), and I have it currently overclocked.

I have two questions, one that belongs here and one that kind of doesn't, but I'll ask anyway hehe.

Anyway, when I first load up B&W2, it runs smooth as butter (as I'd expect)...everything max, max AA and AF, everything runs great - then after around 2ish hours of playing yesterday, I noticed it gradually getting choppier and choppier. Naturally, I reset and turned down the clock settings in my BIOS, but now the game just begins to get choppy much quicker...usually I'd say around 10 minutes into playing. It's kinda weirdin' me out...anyone have any ideas? The only other game I have on there right now is Max Payne 2 (I know, my game collection is soooo 2004!), and no choppiness yet. Let me know what you think.

My other question is about overclocking (hence, not sure how this will be received in the gaming forum)...but it's really simple...when my BIOS says that my clock is at 3.6 GHZ, Windows (in System under Control Panel) reports it as 4.16 GHZ...when BIOS says 3.3 GHZ, Windows says 3.7GHZ, etc....which is reporting the actual clock speed?

Thanks guys!

maybe it's some type of memory leaking involved in the game...seems like it.

(disclaimer: I'm not 100% sure what i'm talking about lol)

Sounds like what would happen with your typical memory leak. Odd thing is I played through black and white 2 without any leak issues. Unfortunately I don't have a solution for it.

As per question 2 I'd trust my BIOS long before I'd trust windows.

Worst comes to worse check your FSB and miltiplier and do the math. That'll tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom