Weird graphics/audio problem PLEASE HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedJohn16

Beta member
Whenever I start a certain app (MechWarrior4), I get black-screened after the intro footage indefinitely. I called microsoft support about this issue and after 2 hours of updating all my drivers and altering every setting imaginable using "dxdiag", they determined that my audio drivers were out of sync with my video drivers. The way we figured this out was by running the game successfully without sound by disabling my soundcard. The final recommendation from microsoft was that I update my audio drivers. They couldn't stay with me to see if that final step would actually work, so I tried it alone. Not surprisingly, updating my drivers did nothing. I thought a new soundcard would help, so I picked up a creative soundblaster live! 5.1.... Same problem-- game blackscreens on me. An odd thing, though. The other night, I was making another try at opening the game with winamp playing because I figured that if the game wasn't going to work, at least I could catch some tunes while failing. Surprisingly, the game worked fine with winamp playing in the background, but failed after about an hour of playing. Bottom line-- I can play the game by disabling my soundcard (which really limits the game), and in no other way. Anyway, that's the issue. I'll supply some specs for anyone who wants to take a crack at this:
RAM: 512
Processor: 1.3GHz
Directx:9 (DDI: 9)
Graphicscard: Radeon 8500 w/ latest driver update
Soundcard: Soundblaster Live! 5.1 w/ latest driver update
DxDiag: [attached]

Additionally, the last error message I saw while the game was in black screen was DDERR_NOEXCLUSIVEMODE. Thanks to anyone who can solve this!!

Attachments

• dxdiag.txt
    37.2 KB · Views: 34
Did you try to re-install your video drivers ??

If all else fails it sounds like you need a good reformattin' !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom