Weird game problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Been playing GTA4 lately fine, then i got home from school today and then it launched and i get the SecuLauncher . Application cannot start [2000] error (yes yes this is SecuROM, and NO i do not have a copied version of GTA4, officially purchased off Steam). Googling this message revealed i must go to my GTA4/Installers folder and run all the .exe and .msi files

dotnetfx64.exe
umdf.exe
vcredist64.exe
(and 3 others)

However, trying to installed dotnetfx64 in administrator mode i get this error
You must use "Turn Windows Features on or off" in the Control Panel to install or configure Microsoft.NET framework 3.0 x64
I tried doing this, turning on and off several things that sound plausible, i then turned everything off, and then everything on. No luck.

If i try the umdf.exe i get "not enough storage available to execute this command" I have 35gb HD space available, and if it's talking about RAM for some reason i have nothing open and 4gb :confused: 2 others also gets this message and one just exits half way through install.

Running Vista Ultimate 64bit,and the rig in the sig.

Thanks..

p.s. while i'm at it, the Hard Drive useage display in /Computer shows random amounts left, It was 12gb, then 9gb, then i was like "wtf ?" deleted lots of stuff, went up to 20gb, deleted 2gb of stuff out my recycle bin,somehow then i had 32gb free, and then ive done nothing since then, back down to 22gb. :confused:

Did you install .Net 3.5 SP1?

Download details: .NET Framework 3.5 Service pack 1

That is the latest one and has everything from teh previous versions installed with it. If this doesnt solve the error it is game software related now Windows related.

Thanks. I've downloaded the full 3.5 release which includes all .NET frameworks. I seem to only have 1.1.. i don't know how this happened, i had them all and i wake up one morning and they've dissapeared, then .NET framework 3 wouldn't install, C++ redis 2005 never installed properly (2.5mb file, installed file was 300k ?) and then it randomly deletes itself. I was thinking this was a problem with windows, hence the forum request. I'll see if that .NET framework 3.5 works first.

I've reinstalled the game twice prior to this and done many things to get it to work and it just won't, the key things just won't install correctly. Ohwell, lets hope this .net 3.5 works.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom