Weird crash issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluttarn

Beta member
I don't know what cathegory to put this, so if this is the wrong one, please move it.

Okay, I have this weird crash that happens to some games I have on the PC. The crash goes like this: My computer monitors go black and I can hear the fans changing. The music in the game goes into a loop and I can do nothing but to restart the computer, what the ****?
This happens mostly on Oblivion and Guitar Hero World Tour and it's quite annoying.

The thing with this crash is that it doesn't always crash. Sometimes I play the game for hours and nothing happens, but sometimes I play for like 10 minutes and it crashes.

In my own oppinion, I think this is a software issue, but I'm not sure. What do you tech pro's think?

Specs:
Intel Q6700 Quad 2.67 Ghz
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4670 DDR3 512 MB
Seagate Barracuda 500GB (General HDD my games are installed on)
2 GB Ram DDR2
Intel DP35DP

Eh.. Cmon guys.

Software wise, it would most likely be a driver issue. The safest bet would be to uninstall the drivers via Uninstall programs, boot to safe mode, use Driver Sweeper to clear out all traces, reboot to normal mode, and then install the newest drivers.

It sounds more like a heat issue to me, though. Try blowing your graphics card's fan and heatsink out with some compressed air, as well as your CPU's fan and heatsink. Double check that your GPU fan is operating properly. Use a program like EVGA Precision to crank up your GPU fan above the standard (I run mine at 55%).

Software wise, it would most likely be a driver issue. The safest bet would be to uninstall the drivers via Uninstall programs, boot to safe mode, use Driver Sweeper to clear out all traces, reboot to normal mode, and then install the newest drivers.

It sounds more like a heat issue to me, though. Try blowing your graphics card's fan and heatsink out with some compressed air, as well as your CPU's fan and heatsink. Double check that your GPU fan is operating properly. Use a program like EVGA Precision to crank up your GPU fan above the standard (I run mine at 55%).

Thanks, I will try doing what you say.

Okay, I took my computer apart, checked all the fans and there was only a light layer of dust on my GPU heatsink and fan, so I took you the Vacuum (I don't have compressed air) and tried to get away the most of the dust, I plugged the power cord in and I tested to see if the fan was running, it did. So I put it back togheter and now I'm going to try that EVGA Precision as the fan on my GPU is kinda tiny.

I'll get back when I have tested it for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom