Weekend Fun Veck Special Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I forgot the weekend fun thread last Friday and promised myself that this would never happen again. Today I'm going to present a great arcade shooter called Veck Special Edition which looks and plays like a mix of many of the classic aracade games including Asteroids, Robotron 2084 and Smash Tv. This version is packed with 15 levels each lasting one minute. Every minute your spacecraft gets an weapon upgrade that makes it more powerful while at the same time more powerful enemies emerge that want to destroy you.
veck1.jpg
veck2.jpg

Veck is a classic shoot at everything on the screen type of games that seem to make an comeback with independent game developers lately. Enemies do not fire at your spaceship in the first levels at least so the only thing that you have to take care of besides shooting like a maniac is to avoid the kamikaze spaceships that try to ram into yours.
The controls are kinda fun. You can select keys for moving your spaceship around plus you can opt to use four different keys to use directional shooting as well. This means that you can fly in one direction and still shoot in another. This is essential in this game, believe me.
Veck Special Edition is a Windows game that is using only 1.7 megabytes of space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom