We need a new RPG!! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Gaming > PC Gaming
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 02:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie

Angry We need a new RPG!!

It's great that Doom 3 has FINALLY come out and HL2 is on the way but I'm in the mood for a new RPG. Something like Morrowind but with better graphics, or another Final Fantasy Tactics for the computer, something that includes more characters, spells, weapons and better graphics. It just seems that RPGs have been on the sidelines lately and we need more!

Come visit a new technology and digital image arena website where you may compete in monthly image contests and chat about technology. t3ch.l33t is currently searching for members to help manage different areas of the site. t3ch.l33t Image Arena Home

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ch_l33tsig.jpg
Old 08-31-2004, 03:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
PowerQuest / Opera

i think Morrowind has too much spells and stuff, but its a great game!!!

Old 08-31-2004, 04:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via AIM to beedubaya

Neverwinter Nights 2 is comming, but we have to wait till 2006 They should put out another expansion to original NWN or some other D&D based RPG, for they are the best. Knights of the Old Republic 2 is comming out around the holidays for those interested in Star Wars RPGs. A little different feel from the fantasy based ones, but still good RPGs.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
True Techie

the problem with these rpgs is that they take forever to make in terms of content and stuff.... and often the case is that a good rpg take 6 years or so to be completed.... and my that time the engine is tottally out dated and the game looks like crap which turns everyone off(Morrowind, Baulders Gate 2, Mokey Island).

its unfortunate but its the truth... man, i miss my rpgs
Old 08-31-2004, 09:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Imperial Space Womble

STAR WARS :- KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC. I am currently playing it, so I do not know how long it takes to complete.

Otherwise, if you want an RPG that is pretty simple and easy to finish while you hold out for HL2, you might want to have a look at Anachronox

I liked this game as it did have an easy learning curve, and you can finish it in about 30 hours of play.

[EDIT]If you get Anachronox, make sure you download the patch from Planet Anchronox. There is a magor glich on one of the movie squences that make you fall off the map.
Apart from that, it's an enjoyable game.
[/EDIT]

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!" -- Rob Zombie
Main Rig - AMD FX-8350x8 4.0Ghz CPU, 4x 8Gb (32Gb) DDR3 Ram, Gigabyte GA-970A-D3, GeForce GT 970 4Gb, 1x 256Gb SSD\8Tb (3+2+2+1) SATA HDD, DVDRW, SB X-Fi, Win 10 (64-bit)
Asus N61JV-JX231V - Intel Core i5 3437u (1.9 - 2.4 GHz), 12GB, 640GB, 16" Display, nVidia 325M 1Gb, DVD-RW, Win 10 (64-bit)
Mobile Phone : Samsung Galaxy 5 Note SM-N920IConsole : Play Station 4
Old 08-31-2004, 09:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Imperial Space Womble

Quote:
Originally posted by Forceflow
the problem with these rpgs is that they take forever to make in terms of content and stuff....
Depends... there are some short ones out there. Anachronox is one of them.

I do know that your typical Final Fantasy is about 40+ hours (and that is not including the side missions)

If you are a really sick puppy, there is Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator .
That game claimed about 90 hours of my life before I sead "F*** THIS ****!!!!" And I was only about 50% way though, and i was using a walkthru at the time too. (Because there is some places were you need it)

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!" -- Rob Zombie
Main Rig - AMD FX-8350x8 4.0Ghz CPU, 4x 8Gb (32Gb) DDR3 Ram, Gigabyte GA-970A-D3, GeForce GT 970 4Gb, 1x 256Gb SSD\8Tb (3+2+2+1) SATA HDD, DVDRW, SB X-Fi, Win 10 (64-bit)
Asus N61JV-JX231V - Intel Core i5 3437u (1.9 - 2.4 GHz), 12GB, 640GB, 16" Display, nVidia 325M 1Gb, DVD-RW, Win 10 (64-bit)
Mobile Phone : Samsung Galaxy 5 Note SM-N920IConsole : Play Station 4
Closed Thread