Warhammer Online issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshyboy

Solid State Member
Just got the game and was excited about it. Played WOW for like 8 months and needed a change. WOW and War has similar system req and didnt think i would have an issue. I do have a laptop that has dual processors and NVIDIA graphics card. Along with 1983 MB of RAM. I am having issues with lag with War and needed to know if there is anything i need ot know to help with the performance. I have done all the disk disfrag, deleted all games and cleared internet files. Also changed the computer to better performance systems. So is there any harddrive i can help with the lag? I know laptops are limited on upgrades but man is superior to machines and thers gotta be someone that knows the answer. AND I KNOW LAPTOPS ARENT GOOD FOR GAMING but i know alot of my friends with similar specs that have larger PC games on theres and no issues.

Please help, i am desperate!!

Re: Warhead Online

Are you talking about Warhammer online are you?

Well there is this pretty good Gateway laptop, runs at 1680x1050 and has an 8800M GTS roughly a 9600GT desktop card..

Re: Warhead Online

I appreciate the laptop you think will solve all my problems but i need to stick with this laptop. Its not a bad laptop just know there are ways around this just dont know what. Humans are smarter then machines and i am failing at it. :(

I have a computer that is pretty ancient and had lag issues in the major cities of WOW. I doubled my RAM and everything was fine. I'd try more RAM.

I played WoW for over 2 years with 1gb of ram and a 128mb nvidia video card. I just bought Warhammer Online 2 days ago and, when running, it takes up over 500mb of ram. It's barely playable with all the settings on it's lowest (including having it on windowed mode at the lowest resolution). So it beats me on what you could do differently.

It's also a very new game, as you know. And they didn't seem to take into account making it playable to fans of WoW like myself. I have friends with slower computers than mine playing WoW still, so I'd tell them not to bother with warhammer online. The developers could still be tweaking the game to work more smoothly with the whole range of computer they expect.

PS: Sadly, I'm upgrading my CPU, motherboard, videocard, and memory just to play Warhammer Online since I've already bought it =P

Open a video with windows media player and pause it. Keep it open and play the game. WoW had this issue too. It's a codec thing; WAR (or WoW) would use a codec meant for media players, but with the media player running it'll run like it should. Not a sure fix as your game may be working as intended, but it's a quick fix for some ppl.

Force AA/AF. WAR didn't ship with (GG), and the way it's currently set up forcing these can actually improve performance and make the game look better. Here's how to for Nvidia:

1. open the Nvidia control panel
2. Under "view" select advanced
3. Under 3d settings in the task window, select "manage 3d settings"
4. Under the Program settings tab, click the Add button
5. locate where you installed war.exe, select it, then click ok
6. select desired anisotropic filtering level
7. turn antialiasing to "Override application setting"
8. select desired AA level
9. you can also turn on Texture filtering - anisotropic sample optimization if you desire.

I played WoW for over 2 years with 1gb of ram and a 128mb nvidia video card. I just bought Warhammer Online 2 days ago and, when running, it takes up over 500mb of ram. It's barely playable with all the settings on it's lowest (including having it on windowed mode at the lowest resolution). So it beats me on what you could do differently.

It's also a very new game, as you know. And they didn't seem to take into account making it playable to fans of WoW like myself. I have friends with slower computers than mine playing WoW still, so I'd tell them not to bother with warhammer online. The developers could still be tweaking the game to work more smoothly with the whole range of computer they expect.

PS: Sadly, I'm upgrading my CPU, motherboard, videocard, and memory just to play Warhammer Online since I've already bought it =P

That is not exactly the best comparison to make since WoW was designed with the intent of running on lower end systems. At this point in time a 256mb video card is the standard and few systems used for gaming woudl have less than 2GB of onboard memory.

The real issue here, while joshyboy hasn't stated his graphics card or cpu yet, is that he is using Nvidia INTEGRATED graphics. Notice he said he has "1983MB of RAM". That equates to having 2GB of RAM and using 64MB for video memory.

What you can do to slightly boost video performance is go into your system BIOS and change your video memory (onboard graphics memory) to as high as it goes. Depending on the Nvidia graphics card it is, it should at least go up to 128MB and possibly as high as 512MB. My Geforce Go 6150 sucked at playing about any game. Then I flashed my BIOS to the latest version and while doing so I noticed the video memory was set at 64MB, so I bumped it up to 128MB and now it does a lot better at games like WoW and CS:S. Still not the greatest, but better.

I keep reading about this game and played WOW at a friend house and I was not impressed with WOW, But this looks so much better and I think I'm going to jump into this one. This will be my first MMO. One question, How much is it monthly to play this one?

Dauntae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom