warez morality

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont mind my previous post about public goods - that was kinda me revising for my economics exam which i just finished today - YAY!!!!!

anyway i was being sarcastic. i know its not gonna happen. and the only reason i dont like hillary is cos she is all anti computer games cos she reckons they damage our kids.

on the issue of no-cd i think that no-cd is completely ok. i think no-cd is totaly ok because you own the game. i mean no one is losing money after i have bought it and am using a no-cd. i have a friend who basically keeps his originals in a glass box cos he used to break them so often. no-cd is only a problem when ppl use it to play illegally.

also i just find it funny that as soon as i post something with warez in the title the first person to come look is the moderator. glad to see that someones not sleeping on the job :p

killians45 said:
I will download nocd cracks sometimes, but thats because of the annoying protection software that seems to have a problem with drive emulators.
The guilty before proven innocent approach from game devs is really annoying.

I believe in free distiribution of software, in order to improve ones knoledge, as long as the people who made it, are cool with it. Hence i use Linux, and many free aps, but on terms of WareZ games, I used to do all that, but theres just that feel of owning the game and seeing the box on your shelf, a great feeling.
even though im broke now because of October Games.

I couldn't agree more, Harper. On one hand I understand where they are coming from because they have intellectual properties to be paid for, a business to fund, and people/developers/families to support... however, the no-cd patch (technically it IS illegal) is, to me, something that is needed. That is why things like steam will hopefully take off for online games. Yes, there is the argument that you have to download but, I hope soon they will be able to minimize the total download sizes and lets face it, it is a clever way to stop piracey. Not foolproof, but very good. If they could just make the downloads smaller for broadband impaired people who have no other choice then telephone lines, it would be perfect. Like, make several keys for verification back and forth imbeded on the cd that must communicate with the servers at certain times during an install. This would in turn unlock an encrypted part to initialize another part of the installation. Anyhnow, I'm babbling now.

The Kid said:
Hence i use Linux, and many free aps, but on terms of WareZ games, I used to do all that, but theres just that feel of owning the game and seeing the box on your shelf, a great feeling.
I feel the same way. Having a plain looking cd in an empty case with no manual or box or anything just doesn't give you a scense that you own something of value.

Yarrrrgh but it gives you the sense of accomplishment matey! The sense that you ignored your plight and plundered the village to arise victorious in the end!! YARRRRRGH!

Arrrghh....FEAR....she be good booty indeed yarrrrgh

My suggestion is you beat up your friends! How do you think little companies grow to huge companies? Because people bought there games, even if it was a good game or not. The companies learn what the consumer likes and dislikes... thats how they develop better games.

I can find it reasonable that maybe you download the game to try it, like a demo? But not just to keep it. Now I know at least half, maybe more, of the community here has downloaded SOMETHING (music, game, movie, etc.), but if you do download it... find it in your heart to go and buy it instead of ripping some lil developers heart out and feeding it to his cat...

I hope your buddies get busted :rolleyes:

(Yeah, I have downloaded shit... but owning the box and stealing "the box" are two totaly differant things. If that made sense AT ALL :freak: )

no one steals the box...someone buys it....makes an extra copy of it and shares it....so theres no stealing being done....it's just thousands of people borrowing a game from a 'friend' :p

99% of people here have downloaded something, especially if you're counting music in the equation.

But basically what you're saying is it's ok to steal as long as it's a big company....that's what I got out of your little paragraph there, cause I mean you're off on talking about little companies and their cats.

as far as people getting busted...well generally you have to be the supplier for that to happen.

I might just be a moron, but i've only bought two games in my life. I don't know how many i've played, but it's many. (only offline games)

I do realise that i'm doing something wrong, but I just can't afford to buy those games, they are just too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom