war = violent (apparently not)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenNcheese

In Runtime
i dunno maybe its just me, but last i checked war was supposed to be a violent endevour, not a pleasant stroll through the streets of Stalingrad or through the deserts of Lybia. i mean heck, omaha beach seemed like a lovely place to be on june 6, 1944.

is there a reason why game developers who make war games are interested in making war seem like such a pleasant thing. look no further than CoD2. while most of u might have oppinions as to the quality of the game, no one can argue that its in fact a war game. ppl are meant to die horrible deaths. there should be screaming and blood and cursing. yet all we see is a little puff of red (if that) and ur allies yelling out some very polite things at the germans.

yes BiA made a better attempt. it was dirty and down in the mud. limbs got blown off by explosions. there was some blood....that u could barely see. it was a step in the right direction.

my complaint is why not mix in some SoF's gore (yes maybe its a bit over the top), BiA grittiness, Saving Private Ryan's screams of agony and a whole lot of cursing together to make a good war game? people complain that war games are too much the same. we have exhausted WW2, vietnam was a bit boring etc. make a WW2 game that is realistic and no one will complain about been there done that. its all about the angle taken.

this is my 2 cents.

Even with all the blood, language, and atmosphere, a WWII game with it might still suck because WWII has been beaten to the ground so much that it came back up at the other side of the planet.

sof rocked, then sof2 went and made even more body parts fall off. We need more of that. We need better ragdoll (whatever that is) and sof2 body chunks. With todays engines we can have way better chunks of bodies flying off. That'd be way cooler than just having a gunshot wound decal on the face.

WOOO!!

Nubius said:
sof rocked, then sof2 went and made even more body parts fall off. We need more of that. We need better ragdoll (whatever that is) and sof2 body chunks. With todays engines we can have way better chunks of bodies flying off. That'd be way cooler than just having a gunshot wound decal on the face.

WOOO!!

this post was actually inspired by the fact that i just played through SoF2 again and finished it the other day. it was niiiiiice....

Dude, some people would like to enjoy a war game thats not super graphic. People understand war and that it's horrible. They dont need to see it in a video game.

Go play a graphic WWII game if that's what you want.

Go play a graphic WWII game if that's what you want
Yeah, we would if it existed. That's his point......a super graphic one doesn't exist.

Dude, some people would like to enjoy a war game thats not super graphic. People understand war and that it's horrible. They dont need to see it in a video game.
Talk about contradictive.

If they find war so horrible and 'dont want to see it in a video game' then they wouldn't be playing it in the first place. There is no need to not have it 'super graphic' if they are so against it and shouldn't be playing it from the get go.

You dont play a wargame where you KNOW people are killed like in real war, and expect the guns to shoot daisies and your enemies share tea and cookies with everyone.

I'm going agree with Nubius on this one. I want to slice people's faces off and stuff. I also what rocket launchers to do real damage to walls and stuff, not just have a black mark on it that goes away after a while.

lets face it the censors would be in uproar about it. As usual say it encourages violence or is disrespectful.

I think it shouldn't get too real or i`ll have to see annoying programs about video game violence that make me cringe at every comment.

if only they had a choice menu that u could select if u wanted chunks blown off of enemies, limbs, head, blood squirts, or all of the above. darn that would be cool. that way people could have the good censored gameplay or the awesome gory gameplay. i can just imagine running up and stabbing someone in bf2, and then blood squirts onto the screen. drooooooooooooooooooooooool

if only they had a choice menu that u could select if u wanted chunks blown off of enemies, limbs, head, blood squirts, or all of the above. darn that would be cool. that way people could have the good censored gameplay or the awesome gory gameplay. i can just imagine running up and stabbing someone in bf2, and then blood squirts onto the screen. drooooooooooooooooooooooool
That's what they pretty much did with SoF2. You could have full gore, minimal gore, or no gore turned on.

Point is, it's WAR......you're supposed to witness your buddies leg being blown off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom