Want to play some Halo 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
For those who are waiting in anticipation...

In Microsoft's latest press release, they included some exciting information about Halo 3. Starting December 4th, you can go here and register for an opportunity to play the game. The public beta is only scheduled to start some time in the Spring of 2007, but now is the time to get in on it.
http://3dgamer.blogspot.com/2006/11/want-to-play-some-halo-3.html

Ok kinda off topic but i need to get things straight. When halo 3 comes out is it going to be Dx10? Is it going to be only for Vista or will it run on Xp? Lastly will it run on Dx9 or no? Thanks.

Cdub89 said:
Ok kinda off topic but i need to get things straight. When halo 3 comes out is it going to be Dx10? Is it going to be only for Vista or will it run on Xp? Lastly will it run on Dx9 or no? Thanks.

As far as I know Halo 3 will only be out on the 360, and if it ever does make it to PC (remember not even Halo 2 is out) it will be DX9 due to the 360 being limited to 9 anyways. And if it does come out, which probably won't be until 2009+, it will probably be Vista only, but by then Vista will probably be mainstream.

Halo 2 PC Version at this stage is a VISTA only game due to Direct X 10. However give it 12 month, and any bet we will see Direct X 10 for Win Xp.

Harper said:
Halo 2 PC Version at this stage is a VISTA only game due to Direct X 10. However give it 12 month, and any bet we will see Direct X 10 for Win Xp.

That contradicts even making Vista in the first place.

I think this Halo 3 beta is for Xbox360, I remember reading about it on Engadget but I don't feel like looking for the link.

The General said:
I think this Halo 3 beta is for Xbox360, I remember reading about it on Engadget but I don't feel like looking for the link.

You are correct sir. I know people on another forum that have already signed up for it as they were beta testers for Halo CE & 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom