Want to build a gaming PC

DeusAbsconditus

Baseband Member
Hi guys. I'm looking to build a having PC but know nothing. I used to have on the PC back when rogue spear was popular but I was just a kid. My uncle had the computers then I switched too console.

I guess my question is, where do I start? From what I'm reading, this can get pretty pricey. I'm looking to just build it over time. I know nothing of motherboards, processors, graphics cards etc. and by that I mean idk which ones are worth buying. Brands, size etc.

After reading up, I guess it would be good to go with 6-8 MB ram. That's as far as I got lol. I don't know which graphics card, motherboard, CPU to buy. Suggestions? Maybe some of you are selling things also. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm also looking to keep it under a grand.

8MB of RAM. I had that in my first Pentium computer in 1999 :p

Well we can first start out, what is your current budget, and what exactly do you want to do with the computer. By current, I mean it isn't wise to start pricing unless you decide you want to build and buy within a couple of weeks. In the PC land it is always better to get your cash then come asking. Somebody like myself can link the rig, you then add to cart, purchase, and you have your PC.

Hi guys. I'm looking to build a having PC but know nothing. I used to have on the PC back when rogue spear was popular but I was just a kid. My uncle had the computers then I switched too console.

I guess my question is, where do I start? From what I'm reading, this can get pretty pricey. I'm looking to just build it over time. I know nothing of motherboards, processors, graphics cards etc. and by that I mean idk which ones are worth buying. Brands, size etc.

After reading up, I guess it would be good to go with 6-8 MB ram. That's as far as I got lol. I don't know which graphics card, motherboard, CPU to buy. Suggestions? Maybe some of you are selling things also. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm also looking to keep it under a grand.
I hope you mean 6-8 gbs of ram but just look at some guides on youtube and research for a couple days. Intel is good for gaming but amd is good for price :eek:

I would like to keep it around 600-800. What I like to play is pretty much everything from shooters to Skyrim. I figure if I could run Skyrim, I could run anything.

Whoops yes I meant GB.

You hook your monitor up to the GPU, that would be the GTX 660ti. The motherboard has an IGP (integrated graphics) but you don't use that when you have a dedicated video card.

Back
Top Bottom