W.o.W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackheart

Solid State Member
Well it says minimum system requirnment is 800mhz and a 32mb video card.
So my computer runs 750mhz and has a 8mb video card.

My question is, do you think I could overclock my processor to lets say 850mhz (it's a amd sepron thunderbird) and then just buy a 64mb video card off somewhere, do you think that'd work? Because I would like a new comp but I don't know if I have the money to get one (build one) so I'm looking for a cheap solution so I can play some world of warcraft

Yeah, but the problem is Overclocking my motherboard isn't letting me, I go into the bios and it dosn't work. It's some gateway motherboard errrr somthing, I don't know who makes it but it's a gateway computer so I'm sure they have specially made ones, and ummmmmmmm it dosn't let me over clock stuff so I'm pretty much screwed, oh well time to ask my mom if I can build a comp.....

renny2077 said:
Getting a 64 MB gfx card should suffice.
And have some patiences the cities. My work computer only have ATI 9000 64Mb. It runs WOW okay. However if I got into the city like Iron Forge or Orgermar, it chinks ALOT.

Over all, if you can find a 1Ghz CPU (or close too) and 64Mb Video card, you will be able to get on. If you can find them, you should be able to pick that up cheap

ulater6000 said:
Yeah or you could just install a new mobo/cpu combo.
If you are stuck for cash, an All-in-one (video+snd+network) motherboard + CPU + Ram should do the trick.
Make sure that motherboard has a PCI-Express Slot for future upgrading.
You might need to get a Case + PSU as the motherboard might not fit into the Gateway Case. At least get a better power supply.

if your motherboard only has PCI slots, get a FX-5500. it's the best PCI card for the money, and it should run world of warcraft fine.

comps broke on a different one with
646 mhz
384 ram
geforce 5200
runs game alrite
skips around alot but can amange
main cities (ironforge, origrammar, undercity, thunderbluff (horde ftw! :p)) lags alot game usually flips out until it crashes in org though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom