Vote for your favorite MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im very tempted by EVE online mainly for the fact it isnt grinding to level up its based on real world time, and for someone who has a job it is nice to know when I get home I could have gone up in engineering or weapons stats :).

WoW all the way.

Finally sold my character for $2000 couple of months ago. Felt like I lost a child. Limitless fo life.

Edit: Also put alot of time into Final Fantasy XI, which was a load of crap and waste of time, even though my Monk sold for 1k. Long live Ascendant Sky!

baronvongogo said:
Im very tempted by EVE online mainly for the fact it isnt grinding to level up its based on real world time, and for someone who has a job it is nice to know when I get home I could have gone up in engineering or weapons stats :).
That is one of the reasons why I liked EVE Online too.

It's the perfect MMO for those people that got a life.

And it's very open ended on what you can do. I might re-install EVE in the new year when I get back from AJ2007.

PZEROFGH said:
WoW, cause it's the only one i hafve evern played :p

This is the main reason I didn't want to put it up there. Alot of people who haven't even played an MMORPG before have atleast played WoW. So obviously it's going to get more votes. Personally, I chose Dark Age of Camelot. I've played WoW and DAOC for atleast a year each and towards the end WoW was just an addiction with alot of immature players. This was my experience anyway. Once you get to 60 all you do is farm for **** near impossible to get items. Or your in your clans raid group at MC and if you get lucky your item will drop (like 1/100 chance for the good stuff) and some other class that there's like 15 of doesn't need it or don't have more points to bid with (in which case is extremely rare) and then the raid itself takes 4 hours. And when you come out with nothing at the end of the raid(99.9% of the time), you feel like you've waisted an *** load of time. In the end, I just kept looking forward to these almost pointless raids every week and things just start to really slow down and it just became an addiction. You can't do anything without alot of help, and people don't help unless they think they are going to get something out of it, most likely exactly what you need. Then don't even get me started on the PVP. I'm glad I stopped playing it. DAOC in my opinion is so much better in terms of story and gameplay. After you get to the top level, there's so much more to do that's not mind numbing, and the PVP is great. The only downfall was content, but recently they have added more expansions which is good. I just haven't had the time for MMO's anymore.

Asheron's Call, in its earlier years on the Darktide server, was easily my favorite MMO gaming experience.

Currently I'm not playing any MMO's but from that list I have the fondest memories from Dark Age of Camelot, World of Warcraft, and Guild Wars, respectively.

EverQuest was a good game as well, but not as good as AC at certain points in its history.

Guild Wars.. But I didn't played it for long time now. I think I finished with it.

But I looking for that Age of Conan. I think it would be a great MMO in near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom