Video Card Questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sickofthis

Beta member
Ok, i have a really crappy 3yr old computer. I am going to be building one.

I just dont know what video card to get, my limit was 1000$ Canadian.

What do you guys recommend for games like Farcry, HL-2, Doom3? Will a Radeon 9600XT run these games? Or should i get a Radeon 9800Pro? The game i play now most is SOF2(Soldier of Fortune 2) and i get horrible FPS on the full version. So tell me which card you recommend for the future, and now...

Thanks, sickofthis:cool:

The 9600 will run these games, but you're going to have to crank the graphics pretty far down. The 9800Pro will run them better, but you're still not going to be able to run them at full quality.

Most of these games are putting a little challenge on the current generation cards (Nvidia and Radeon).

I would recommend the 9800pro just for the little extra umph in the graphics, and they've come down in price quite a bit.

bla!! said:
The 9600 will run these games, but you're going to have to crank the graphics pretty far down. The 9800Pro will run them better, but you're still not going to be able to run them at full quality.

Most of these games are putting a little challenge on the current generation cards (Nvidia and Radeon).

I would recommend the 9800pro just for the little extra umph in the graphics, and they've come down in price quite a bit.

EXACTLY. Listen to bla, he is right.

With the launch of the ATI Radeon x800 series, the 9800 PRO price should RAPIDLY, and I mean RAPIDLY go down.

I would say when the new series comes out, the price will drop to 200$, or maybe even 150$ if we are lucky!

Go with the 9800 Pro, as I can still run everything on high, including the FarCry demo.......:confused: I have no doubt it will run DOOM 3 and Half Life 2, reasonably well:)

If thight budget, ATI9600XT is very good already,can support a lots of the latest games, the rest of the performance just depend on your computer RAMS n etc.

didi said:
If thight budget, ATI9600XT is very good already,can support a lots of the latest games, the rest of the performance just depend on your computer RAMS n etc.

True, but with the 9800 Pro's price, which isn't much higher, it is definetely the better buy.

(I should have gotten one, but my stupidity led to the choice I made a while back, just check my sig)

:angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom