video card problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotfoot124

Baseband Member
every time I try to run a program that requires direct 3D acceleration it gives me the error "no 3D hardware found". This problem came up when I formatted my 3 year old Dell 4550 and re installed the operating system. I have installed all of the drivers for all of the hardware and even had a friend come over to make sure that I had not missed anything. I even have the program Everest Home Edition whice tells me all of the specs on the computer and it tells me that I have a 3D accelerator and the proper driver. But when I go to dxdiag through the run command prompt, it tells me that I don't have the correct driver and that 3d acceleration is not avaliable. All of the game s that are not working now worked fine just befor I formatted the computer. I am using all of the same hardware and all of the some software. What is the answer to my problem. Even if you don't know, post a reply so that I know that someone out there cares.

OK, what 3D accelerator do you have? If it's integrated (3D chipset built into the PC motherboard as opposed to an expansion card, of a considerably lesser quality) then it's likely that your hardware does not support features required by the app to run. What game are you even trying to run?...

Need more info.

Most likely it's your drivers, make sure you have the latest versions and the same goes for Direct X(9.0c is what you want)

Driver or you have an intergreated graphic card, I used to have that problem with my ancient computer which had a SiS intgereated graphic chip, just install the correct drivers and it should be working..

I have installed both direct x 9.0c, and tried both the driver that came with the card, and the newest driver on the market, 3 weeks old.

Are you doing a "clean"(meaning you are making sure to delete all old driver files with something like Driver Cleaner, you can google for it)of the drivers?

It could easily be one old file floating on your system. Also make sure you have the lastest mobo drivers even if you aren't using integrated graphics.

I tried getting rid of all of the drivers for the video card and then re installing the driver, but I still have a dead 3D accelerator. and yes I used Driver cleaner.

Go to start>>run>>type 'dxdiag'

Go into the Display tab what does it say for name, main driver, and version?

Also make sure that all the acceleration is enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom