Which video Card???

Status
Not open for further replies.
ckmerc said:
dude....$350 for a new card (9800 XT) is just too much.. I just want a card that can run Doom 3 and HL 2 well....

this is the only one that will work?

Chuck

it depends on how "well" you want to run doom 3

if you want to have all the cool stuff on the yes i would say get this card.

if you dont care what the game looks like you might be able to get away with a cheaper card, you will just have to turn off most of the cool features.

sKaD said:
But not the 256mb one? :(

Yeah of course you can, but you said it like you could only do it with the 256mb version, which is not true:p Because there is virtually no performance difference between the 128mb and 256mb 9800 Pro's;)

you also should buy for the future too. the 9800 is already a card behind what is current. is it a fast card...hell yes i have the 9800XT
do i want the new ATI X800XT Platinum Edition GOD yes it nearly doubles the already fast 9800XT

fire1811 said:
that should do it.

hopefully you(we) will be able to run it at max settings

Yes, you will, but by the end of this year, into next probably not:confused: You can already see the 9800 Pro being stressed by Far Cry:confused:

All the cards such as the ATI 9700 pro and the 9800 and the XT cards offer very little performace increase over the ATI 9700 so i would just stick with the 9700 but if you want the latest direct X support go with the 9800 or 9700 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom