Vertical sync?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It gets rid of 'tearing'. I'd turn it off if I were you, unless your comp can handle it. Depends on the game as well.

Holy crap, you weren't kidding. I turned on "wait for vertical sync" on CSS and it dropped me 60 FPS on the stress test! From 130 to 60 FPS average! Jeez!

It checks if the monitor has finished drawing the frame before sending the next frame. This "tearing" or whatever you like to call it can be extremely annoying in some games. I always have it enabled.

I have it turned on in Doom 3 with my laptop. I haven't experimented enough with the PC.

But, basically, in Doom 3, you will notice black streaks on things when you get close to them if you have it turned off. With it on, everything is smooth as can be. Overall quality improves quite a bit. It annoys me to have it off.

I always leave it off because unless the fps is >55fps, it drops the fps to 30 untill it goes above 55fps again. Framerates vary so much with my setup, its best for me to leave it off, even if i get crazy tearing in sometimes.

well for good systems i recommend it off, in CSS i don't really notice anything at all. and FPS goes like down 40% its real big for a little streak. and get a good mon so u can turn it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom