valve games keep crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

XnubbZX

Beta member
i am having a problem with my valve gmaes ex counter strike source and day of defeat.every tiem i play counter strike it will freeze and i cant move but i can move my mouse and hit tab to see score and for day of defeat it just lets me in the server for like 3 sec then kicks me out to main sever list.i ask this one forum what is going on and they said that i need a new power supply . i have a 300 watt antex p/s with 1 light two h/d,two cd/d 6 fans and a fan controler.they said my power supply wasnt good enough for all that stuff .so what i did was unplug my light,fans,cd drives ,fan controller and my extra hard drive to see if the problem would be fixed. but it wasnt :angry: im startign to get angry here.it doesnt mkae sense i play world of warcraft and it doesnt happen there and battlefield1942.but it could be over heating my video card heat vent i think thats what it is,is really hot i cant keep my finger on it for more then 30 sec.my video card is a 5700 ultra nvidia.if any one can help me it would be a lot of help . thanks
~ justin

This is what you do in these cases

-Backup your config, screenshots ect
-Uninstall steam, delete anyything that remains in the valve folder
-Redownload steam, redownload game overnight

i did that before it still dont work.i reinstalled steam about 10 times and i reinstalled windows on my computer like 3 times and i still get the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom