ut2k4 slowdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

nero

Solid State Member
I bought ut2k4 today and it was runnin fine for a while, eventually it started to get some serious slow down, really bad frame rates. First time was with a big explosion, then it was just random slow downs. I had it on 4x aa and 4x af

ive got
amd xp @ 1.9ghz
6800nu
512mb ram

Only thing I can think maybe might have happened, could my proccessor be unstable from an overclock? It's stock at 1.8 and i bumped it up. should i up voltage a little maybe?

1) First off, have you scanned for viruses/spyware?

2) 4x AA is pretty heavy for modern games, but if you say that's what you always played UT2K4 with then fair enough...

3) I've heard that Doom3 doesn't seem to like OC'ed CPUs, don't know about Unreal though. Put it back to stock and see how it goes...

4x AA works like a charm for me in UT2k4, and my card is comparable to the 6800NU with its 12 pipes and all. Games much more graphical the UT2k4, like say Far Cry and Doom 3, I have to bump down to 2xAA to not lag. Do a virus/spyware scan. That is your best bet. If it doesn't help, try re-installing the game. =)

beedubaya said:
Games much more graphical the UT2k4, like say Far Cry and Doom 3, I have to bump down to 2xAA to not lag.

Likewise, although the difference between 2x and 4x, particullary in Doom 3, is nothing visually.

Well, virus/spyware is definetly not it as we dont have wireless yet so this thing hasnt touched the internet. I turned it down to 2x and played for a bit and worked fine. The problem didnt come up until after i played it for a while though, so i guess we'll see if the 2x will fix it. I didnt get much time to play.

Yeah, I only use 2x AA and AF in UT2004. My card can handle the full detail settings, but I use a lot of crazy mutators and run large games (max players) so it can get rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom