UT2007 System Requirements?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You say the VX924 can't be adjusted at all? That sucks becuase that's the monitor I'm ordering. I decided on it becuase of the ultra fast 4ms response time. Oh well, my second choice is the VP191B but it's more expensive and isn't quite as fast. I'm still getting the VX924 but I wish it could at least be adjusted in hight. :(

i have a Hercules Profit Veiw 920 or sumthing like that...its a 17" LCD and ever since i had this i dont think i could go back to the CRT monitors...LCD is a better monitor altogether i have to say...but thats only my opinion :)

HAVOC2k5 said:
To tell you the absolute truth. I was a diehard CRT maniac. Then I decided, phunck it... i'm going to pick up the Viewsonic VX-924 19" LCD. I had read all of the sugar coating about 3ms & 4ms responce times and such... How it was an extreme LCD.. blah, blah, blah... I read tons of website reviews and user reviews about it... It's been reviewed as like the top 5 choices for LCD's.

So i bought it...

After some friggin' around with it's color/contrast/brightness/other settings... i've got to honest... it's pretty darn good. Is it as good as a CRT? Um... overall i'd say no. But, it is light, much smaller then a 19" CRT, looks fantastic at it's native resolution 1280X1024 and it's really impressive in games. There is absolutely no ghosting at all. Everything looks really good on it. Even DVD movies. Although, you must watch DVD movies at least 5 feet away to really see clarity. For some reason up close doesn't look great. This was the same with my last CRT too... so i don't know.

But, I'm seriously glad I bought it. The only thing i really don't like about it is the fact that the stand can't be adjusted. But other then that... i'd highly recommend it.

This bascially describes me, except I got a Samsung 930B. And I say as I've said before, if I'm at the native resolution of 1280x1024, it looks brighter, sharper, and clearer than my CRT ever did. Going down to 1024x768 is a different story, but as of now, there are no games that require me to play on 1024x768.

With all this talk about high res....

You know the scarey thing about UT2k4 is.....

For those people with a (now) semi resonable gaming rig. Max out the Res (and all the other stuff). Appart from the UT2k4 shouting out "HOLY $#!+", you will find that the game runs a lot faster.

Re: With all this talk about high res....

Harper said:
You know the scarey thing about UT2k4 is.....

For those people with a (now) semi resonable gaming rig. Max out the Res (and all the other stuff). Appart from the UT2k4 shouting out "HOLY $#!+", you will find that the game runs a lot faster.

I hope they include some new "sound clips".

I want more swearing and profanity.

like... "YOU JUST GOT ****ING OWNED B****."

or... "DIE YOU ****SUCKER MOTHER****ER"

Yeah... that would be sweet...

Unless within the next year the price of 7800GTX's halve then they'll sell only a few thousand PC copies, which wouldn't even warrant producing it for the PC.
I don't know anyone in real life that even has one 7800gtx, hell I don't even know anyone (aside from me) that has PCI-Express yet, nevermind 2 gtx's in SLI.

Also, what would be the point of these sick next-gen graphics when 90% of people would have to play it on low settings? This would probably make it more comparable to UT2K4.

I forgot to mention, I'm with havoc about the swearing. They should have a profanity option or a profanity slider or something. That would truly be wicked sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom