UT2007 System Requirements?

Status
Not open for further replies.
who cares about rumors, they are never true so why even worry about something we won't see for a long time.

As someone said earlier, if these people want to shoot themselves in the foot and not be able to sell the game they'll make it only playable on ridiculous systems.

but for medium settings on two 7800GTX in SLI...please, that'd just kill them in terms of sales

I've scoured the net looking for real official (EPIC & MIDWAY) system requirements and they just are available. The most uniform release date that i've seen is "December 2006", which means we have at least over a year to play it. That sucks!

From all that i've read about the UNREAL 3 ENGINE and actually specs of UNREAL2K7, i'm guessing "beedubaya" isn't far off from how it will be. I'd be willing to bet a X800, 6800 or 6600 series card will perform very poorly. The 6600 series will probably be close to a slideshow at mid settings. These cards will probably have to stick to low settings. I wouldn't even doubt if the RAM requirements was 1GIG.

As for all of the current "new" cards hitting the market now, "I'm sure they will play this UNREAL2k7 fine on mid to high settings.
But, to play this game to it's fullest and get every last ounce of eyecandy out of it, i'll bet SLI or CROSSFIRE will be key. Also the use of the PPU will probably be a big plus.

But, for all of you whom are thinking right now, "It's not going to play on my 6800GT. Don't worry! This game won't be available for at least another year. The newest card prices will be WAY down by then. Plus, the newest wave of cards will probably be out then to. DirectX10 & Shader Model 4... And Windows Vista!!!!

Woohoo!!!

beedubaya said:
Do you think this game will be that demanding?
I think I remember having this conversation last week on TF.

It UT2k7 is suppose to be out in 2007, it would not surprise me that a 6800GT might be the minuim card for the game. And considering that a video card gamer market shelf life is about 2 years, then i would have to say that by the time UT2K7 comes out, 6800GT is most likely going to be the minium video card for alot of the current games.

I have also heard people say things like that you might need to have SLI to run UT2k7. I find that is really stupid as not every game player out has a bottemless pit of a wallet. If they can not play, then the devs will not make any money.

And since the UNREAL TORNAMENT line up is really the dev's flagship for selling their current UNREAL ENGINE. And if people can not play the game as the specs are too high, then the other software devs might look else where for a graphic engine.

However the other thing to keep in mid is the video card improvements since UT2k3/4
We now have PCI Express.
And PHS-X Cards are just around the courner too.
A lot has change in the last 2-3 years in gaming hardware.
And i don't thing the software devs around to be interested in writing up extra code just for those slower users.

HAVOC2k5 said:
I've scoured the net looking for real official (EPIC & MIDWAY) system requirements and they just are available. The most uniform release date that i've seen is "December 2006", which means we have at least over a year to play it. That sucks!
No. that is a good thing. Because that give me about 12 months to up date my rig.
UT2k7 is very likely going to be the first game that I am going to be installing when I do the big upgrade in Late 2006 / Early 2007.

Considering the that GF6800 series chip set is the flavour of the month for mid range video cards, it does not suprise me that it will be the base gamers video card by end of 2006.

i don't think that 6600GT will be the lowest card for UT2007, i think that geforce4 Ti 4200 will be the lowest for UT2007.

maroon1 said:
i don't think that 6600GT will be the lowest card for UT2007, i think that geforce4 Ti 4200 will be the lowest for UT2007.
That should make for a good slide show.

This game looks so sweet, I can't wait! Sucks that it wont be out untill late '06/ early '07 though. By the time it comes out I will be hoping to have an OC'ed X2 4400+, 2GB of DDR 500, and a GeForce 8*** with DX10 and Windows Vista. Hopefully that will run it with some nice eye candy. :cool:

I have asked this question on several other forums, and they all believe that 2 7800GTXs in SLI is reasonable minimum requirements for this game. They predict that you will need at least 2GB of video memory to max out the textures....which will most likely come from a 4x SLI sollution. They say they you might as well not even start the game up if you have any cards that are out today, aside from the 7800GTXs in SLI. I sure hope this isn't true, because if it is, XBOX360 here I come.

you can ask it on a million forums and have every single on of them pledge allegience to you...doesn't mean it'll be right.

Theres never been an instance where some punks from a forum actually call what will happen in the future and be correct.

I don't know why you'd believe what some kids your age, my age, and younger have to say about something they have no clue in...unless they are the game developers who are working hand in hand with the card manufacturers, then I couldn't care less what they 'think' will be the case in the future.

No way that's true. That would be like if FEAR came out and the min. requirement for it was two 6800Ultras in SLI. If UT2K7 will not run half way decent on a 6800GT / Ultra then the market for that game will be VERY small.

Honestly, since the game is going to be marketted more on XBOX360 than on the PC, it won't suprise me if they make the PC requirements as outrageous as people are saying they will be. The game will still be a smash hit on the XBOX360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom