UT2007 System Requirements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
I've heard rumors that the minimum will be a 6800GT, and thats for playing it 640x480 lowest settings. To play it 1024x768 Medium settings you will need at least 2 7800GTXs in SLI and a PhysX card. Anything higher than that you will need a GeForce 8 series card. The lowest Radeon card that will be able to play it is the X1800XL. Do you think this game will be that demanding?

Heck no, it would be stupid for Epic Games to do that, there won't be as much people buying it and UT has always been a community game.

I'm sure a 6600GT and a regular 6800 would play it fine at normal settings (maybe without all the bells and whistles) or at least a mix of low and normal settings, but since the game is so far away we can't really tell.

From what I see, I dont think the game would run too bad on current generation cards if you turned off HDR and soft shadowing...texturing isn't a problem like it used to be. However I don't know...it couldn't be another FEAR and run like crap for the graphics it has. At least thats what many are predicting.

Im thinking from the looks I will be able to pull 1280x1024, Medium textures, Medium lighting, no soft shadows, and no HDR, and will be alright. Polygon count doesn't scare me anymore nor does parallax mapping, because current generation games use it out the kazoo.

Soft shadows are miserable to my computer. They wouldn't dare make the game so taxing, no one would buy so much equipment. If games get that demanding in the future, then I will go to console gaming.

Yea a 7800GT/X1800XL should play it on high setting and the GTX/X1800XT should be able to play it on high with all the bells and whistels (well maybe not soft shadows). I wonder how good the 512MB GTX's that is going to be clocked at 550/1800 MHz that are coming out soon will be like(And the X1800XT PE would probably be a monster as well).

All i'm hoping for is 1280x1024, medium textures, parallax mapping....this is a game I can lower shadows down to low if I have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom