Ut 2k7

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoisonPorkchop

Daemon Poster
Someone was just trying to convince me that UT 2K7 will require 1GB of Video memory to run on highest settings. HA!! Anyways, he also said next gen consoles will have 1GB of Vram. True?

Heyyo,

I dunno for the consoles, but the sys requirements will be high. Btw, 1GB of vidcard memory? your buds a n00b. How slow is the progress from 64MB to 512MB? over 5 years. For now, I don't even see the point of extra ram in vidcards unless you run full quality with AA and AF on full, and most likely the game would run sure, but so far no games take full advantage of 256MB of vidcard ram. I'm sure what your bud might have meant was I'd need 1GB of System Memory (RAM). Then I would agree with him. Most games nowadays do need more than 512MB of ram to have good quality graphics and keep a steady framerate.

Altough I know why you used VRAM as the term for vidcard ram, Actual VRAM ain't used anymore. It's and old type videocard ram. Nowadays they use GDDR3 ram for vidcards. So maybe next gen consoles will have 1GB of GDDR3 RAM, who knows. No official specs have been released.

Anywho, UT2k7 is still in high development. They probably won't begin optimizing the engine until they decide all the core parts are fine. But think about it, UT2k7 E3 demo ran perfectly on the PS3 with full graphics settings n' all. I'm sure the PC version will be just as good.

Well, I just call it Vram as an abbreviation for video meomoy : /
Anywho... he isnt really my friend, and doom 3 on ultra mode kinda needs 512 mbs of ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom