Status
Not open for further replies.

mazer3800

Baseband Member
First my specs:
hp zv5000 2.9 Ghz
memory: 512 M
ati radeon 9000 graphics card

I installed unreal tournament 2004 and it worked fine the first time I ran it. After that it started lagging in single player. I'll be running forward, let go of the key, and I will continue to run forward unable to fire. I'm completely baffled at this problem. I tried updating the graphics driver and my directx but I still have the same problem. I also lowered the resolution and other setting but to no avail.....anyone have any ideas???

Check for excesive background progams. Check for Spyware adware bla bla bla. Also for virus'. If that doesnt help post back.

Disabled AIM and McAfee, helped a little bit, but it still lags pretty hard at times. Any other ideas??

you know, i was lagging too, and i thought it needed various updates....and then i bought a new mouse...Logitech MX510...and i couldnt believe the difference it made in that game..and every other game...got rid of the lagging and the controls were so much smoother..

it's amazing how simply changing a mouse could affect your whole gaming experience....so if you've tried everything else, try a new mouse...(maybe keyboard too) and it may cure your woes.

good luck!

Not sure on that one. If you have a crappy mouse then sure...but he also said that there was no problem before he tried again. So it cant be the mouse...

EdoKoi, what u said is not possible, uless u had a severe driver conflict due to your old mouse driver.

or... the lag prob u mean(EdoKoi) is wen u move the mouse fast, at a sertain speed the old optic mice would glitch, the new optic's do not do this.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
that is not mazer3800's problem.

mazer -- are u shur u meant to say in single player? what your describing is very very common of multiplayer online lagg.

usually if you have problems in single player(offline) u would usualy experience a very low frame rate problem, oposed to time reaction delay.

mice cannot fix laggin problems. Thats the funniest thing ive heard in a while.

ICS said:
mice cannot fix laggin problems. Thats the funniest thing ive heard in a while.

i'm glad you got a kick out of that suggestion...so tell us genius, you "go to people's houses and fix their computers"? then enlighten us, and "fix" this kids problem.

replying sarcastically to someone elses advice, IS the funniest thing i've heard all day.

after i got the new mouse, gameplay got tremendously better, maybe my old mouse had driver issues. maybe it didn't. but that was my experience. that's all i was sayin' to the guy.

EdoKoi said:
i'm glad you got a kick out of that suggestion...so tell us genius, you "go to people's houses and fix their computers"? then enlighten us, and "fix" this kids problem.

replying sarcastically to someone elses advice, IS the funniest thing i've heard all day.

after i got the new mouse, gameplay got tremendously better, maybe my old mouse had driver issues. maybe it didn't. but that was my experience. that's all i was sayin' to the guy.

im just saying if all you had to offer the guy was a mouse change, then thats pretty funny. and if the sarcasticness is the funniest thing you've heard, then you need to get out more.

my suggestions are, apply the latest patch, then if he tells me what kinda of memory he has, then his gfx card is outdated. Did you help him NO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom