Using PS2 controller with HL2 and Counterstrike for PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathanwest

In Runtime
Can you do this and use the analog sticks? I remember I played CS for Xbox once. The reason I ask is because I don't have a PS2 but I might get a PS2 controller if I can plug it into my PC's USB port and use it for gaming.

OK. The problem is I once bought a control pad for the PC, and it didn't work with CS. Are you sure this would work and I could use the analog sticks for movement?

yeah as long as you choose the controller as the default input or whatever on CS settings

You can buy an buy an adapter for a PS2 controller for about 5 bucks off ebay that will let you use it for any game. My question is why you would want to use a PS2 controller for FPS on a PC. You will never be able to compete with the speed or accuracy of a mouse.

I just got a game controller for use with PC, I don't actually have a PS2 controller and I didn't expect them to cost like €15 in the shop.

I tried it on HL2. In options it has two options "use joystick" and "use joystick to look around". The buttons don't do anything, only the left analog stick. When I tick use joystick to look around i can look around with it, and when I tick the other i can move forward and look sideways. But the right analog stick doesn't work. The manual for the joypad just says u have to change the config in the game itself.

Blue I know that I'm not using it for online just HL2 to see what it like I've always played on consoles. Anyway that is not important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom