US Government to spy on MMO Gamers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethereal_Dragon

Fully Optimized
US government to spy on MMO gamers - SlashGear

Would love to see more info on sources about this.... seems kind of outlandish, but with the way the US Govt has operated recently, I wouldn't put it past them....

I can see it now....

[2 - Trade] G.W.: Anyone seen WMD's around here?
[2 - Trade] Thade: N00b
[2 - Trade] Mazrax: WTS WMD's... cheaper than AH, PST.

Yes, because Al-Queda uses world of warcraft to plan attacks. The government makes me feel smart.

The world is heading down a sad road, and I pray to whatever gods there are that I'm long dead before it reaches the end.

IF this has any truth to it it makes me sick to my stomach. If I want to say slanderous and grim/sick things about whatever moron is running whatever country I should **** well have the right. Doesn't mean I'm going to go out and actually do anything. Now I'll have to watch how I talk/act online? No thanks. Whomever thought that up should be shot. (lol)

slashgear said:
I have no desire for the Feds to come busting down my door because I'm “acting suspicious” in a game that has me slaughtering fictional creatures for pleasure. It just begs the question, what is suspicious?
indeed.

The world is heading down a sad road, and I pray to whatever gods there are that I'm long dead before it reaches the end.

IF this has any truth to it it makes me sick to my stomach. If I want to say slanderous and grim/sick things about whatever moron is running whatever country I should **** well have the right. Doesn't mean I'm going to go out and actually do anything. Now I'll have to watch how I talk/act online? No thanks. Whomever thought that up should be shot. (lol)

i wouldn't worry about it. eventually people will get sick of it and a new government will be voted in. if all else fails, there will be a revolution. with the internet in everyones house, people aren't as ignorant anymore. not when you have information in such abundance.

I just imagine the world in the next 50 years turning out like it did in Demolition man (stallone)

**** ***** == Here's your swearing ticket.

Heh, some people flirt on these games, I play WoW and FFXI so I used to these sorts of things, esp. being a mithra (Female cat person) in FFXI, I can see oh look this guy is flirting with this underage person, heh what if they used it to bust people for underage flirting and sexual actions through games haha, I'd be pretty POed

mmmm... i think that if terrorists and other criminals are playing MMO's... we should take that as a positive thing... its better that theyre off playing WoW then killing/raping/pillaging/whateverbadguysdoto people... waste of the government's time :) - RK

Heh, some people flirt on these games, I play WoW and FFXI so I used to these sorts of things, esp. being a mithra (Female cat person) in FFXI, I can see oh look this guy is flirting with this underage person, heh what if they used it to bust people for underage flirting and sexual actions through games haha, I'd be pretty POed

lmao that'd be ridiculous. there's no way you can tell what age someone is in ffxi.
**** i flirt with everyone in ffxi XD makes it fun. I might be getting married in game here pretty soon XD

man the amount of tiems i've cussed out the government to friends in that game would give me 5 consecutive life sentences >.> lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom