Update Nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's always best to get the most updated drivers.

It's also always recommended to remove your old drivers before installing the new ones.

Go onto the nVidia site, download (save) the appropriate driver for your card, go into Control Panel > uninstall the old driver > reboot > install new driver > reboot again.

As far as I know you have to uninstall your current drivers. Just check Control Panel>add remove programs (or "Programs and features" for Vista)>Then just find the Nvidia drivers from the list that appears and select uninstall.

You'll probably have to restart and when you do your compy will be set at low res. From there you download the latest drivers and install.

As far as I know you have to uninstall your current drivers. Just check Control Panel>add remove programs (or "Programs and features" for Vista)>Then just find the Nvidia drivers from the list that appears and select uninstall.

You'll probably have to restart and when you do your compy will be set at low res. From there you download the latest drivers and install.

IMO its easier to download the new drivers BEFORE you uninstall the old ones like I stated in my above post; that way you dont have to stay in crappy, low-res for long ;).

IMO its easier to download the new drivers BEFORE you uninstall the old ones like I stated in my above post; that way you dont have to stay in crappy, low-res for long ;).

Yup. I've been just using the drivers that are in my flash drive lol.

Okay, I'm about to uninstall but there is another thing called "Nvidia PhysX." Should I leave that one alone and just unistall the drivers?

I leave it alone, unless there has been some new physx update, but I doubt it.

It's not in a small resolution... well, it was before I restarted my computer. Now it's just not using aero... should I install the new driver now?

If you've already rebooted after you uninstalled the previous drivers, then yes, now you can install the new drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom