Unsupported video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets not start spweing out stuff like this.

To the op...no you wont be able to play any of those games.

Why shouldn't I? It's the truth, I know of no one who owns an 8 series mobile that hasn't had it fail on them. The company even admitted that every 8 series was defective, some 7's... and it looks like the 9600m series might as well be too.

Dont get a mobile 8 series. aaronkupen is right. Nvidia has stated that they are defective. You are throwing your money away.

Rican, what do you mean man? It's a known issue, we should be trying to get him to not buy it.

Sell your current laptop (if possible) and instead of paying $500 to get a new GPU installed, why not go with a nice desktop?

$500 gets a lot in the desktop world, and can max most games out there! Laptops, on the contrary for $500 you won't get much.. you'd get Integrated Graphics like what you have.. or a GMA4500HD (which is worse than the HD 3200 I used to have)

Trouble is a desktop isn't a laptop ... I'm sure he chose the system that his needs required. His bet would be to sell his laptop for at least $500, and use the $500 he would have spent on the upgrade to fund a new laptop -- assuming he still wants a gaming laptop.

The other options were the 8400M 128mb or worse yet Radeon Xpress 1270 64mb! That's the problem with being in a Dellmare with limited options.

Unfortunately we're all in agreement on that. Generally gaming type laptops are going to cost a bit more then $500 as another thing to consider as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom