Unreal Tournament LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i did them on both, oe thing though, my other computer has windows ME, if that would change anything, and i did what you said, now is there a way to check if i have it done right?

hmm ip config both, and c if u get the default gateway set to what u put, and yes it may be cuz of ur win me that its not working

Start > Run > cmd > Ipconfig - check for the LAN settings.
On WinME: Start > Run > winipcfg > On the white box select your NIC and check the ip address.

One computer should have:

IP: 192.168.1.100
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.254
Default gateway: 192.168.1.1 (doesnt really matter since you're not going anywhere)

This same thing should be done on the other pc, but the ip address should be 101 instead of .100. Always try to ping one another first before trying to run any programs and stuff.

Cheers!

ok, so what if it is the windows ME, woudl i have to install xp on ther computer, cause i just wnna make sure that all my files will be there and be ale to use them when i do install xp

You just need to have conectivity between both computers. If your cross over is correctly installed then XP should say something about having a 100Mbps connection running, if thats the case then all you need to do is follow my steps above and configure TCP/IP on both computers accordingly so they can communicate with each other.

well i can acess the other computer from this computer just fine, i can take files from that computer and put it on this one, so i would think the connection is fine. its just the configuration of the ips, and such

If you can access the pc then there's tcp/ip communication through them. What is it you _can't_ do and _want_ to do?

liquidgenisis said:
well, ive got 2 computers, a crossover cable, nic cards, and i think i have the tc/ip assigned on them, i assigned my server cp's ip address as 192.168.0.1, then for my second i set it to 192.168.0.2, and all that jazz, but now when i run command, and ping the second computer, theres not response, and the cables are hooked up because, i can remote acess the other computer throught the home network thingy. i was wondering if anyone could help me!

YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excuse me. I was up late last night LANing UT2k4 myself last night.

The network I had set up here had no set ip addresses (IE. Assign IP Address Automatically).

1. Can you see this computer normally on the network?

2. Have you tryied to strip down and rebuild the network on the computer that is not connecting (I had to do that last night on one of the computers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom