Unreal Tournament 3 only 11.99 on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about getting the Unreal Deal pack from steam. I don't really think I'd play many of the games other than UT3, but it seems like a good deal, right?

Then just get UT3 then for $12.

I just got done playing it. I suck!!! There is a lot of people that can run around a LOT faster then I could. Why is that? Do you pick these abilities up on the map? If so how do you use them?

STEAM = FAIL

I figured hey, it's $11.99 for UT3 + Titan Pack. Sure I could play it free all weekend but chances are I'll buy it anyway. So, I figured spend the $12 for it now.

Purchased and tried to start the DL and Install process. FAIL FAIL FAIL...
STEAM SERVERS ARE TOO BUSY TO ACCEPT YOUR REQUEST, TRY AGAIN LATER.

Are you kidding me? So you're telling me that they have UT3 Black on one server? So people that can download it for free and people that purchase it have to download it from the same location? That's just BS.

It's been at "Download Starting" for about 2 hours. Utter BS.

Yeah took me a day to download it as free customer. Quite a good game not as graphically demanding as most games on the market but your running around so quickly that doesn't really matter. To me it feel like a cross between Dawn of War and halo in campaign game....

UTIII is a great game period. I've been a UT fan since UT '99. UT2K3 was the only high point since the first, but since 2k3 it was all down hill. UTIII is probably the best since '03...Very easy to learn and hard to master, gr3at community, modding abilities, and it easy to run.

The only reason I don't buy it is because I know I'll want to get good at it...thus i'll neglect other things more important in the process.

I'm also in the process of relearning CS1.6 ....its not pretty.

I totally disgree with you swat, I thoroughly hated UT2003, except for that one big map I liked. I couldn't even get a tournament started, I could only have bot games which were just boring, just weren't as fun as UT GOTY. Sold it after about a week, only Unreal/UT game I don't own.
UT2004, on the other hand, I played for two or three weeks straight after I got it :p

I have UTIII tho and I agree it's probably one of the best, though I have to say that 99/GOTY was my favourite, probably because I was godlike with the sniper rifle on it. Also the theme tune rocked, I don't like the newer versions of it, though I guess that's just nostalgia talking :p

Well from a personal perspective I suppose you're right. On the other hand 2k3 was professionally played.

The game was literally a science of precision moves. So I guess when I said it was the best, I really meant it catered to hardcore FPS players. I'm not saying 2k4 was bad, just less competitive, I felt, than 2k3; whether one was better than the other is obviously personal choice.

UTIII is awesome...I love it. But I'm scared of the competitive aspect since I'm already playing 1.6 and tf2. I <3 epic games.

Still a lineup...

Can't even get it to start yet. Steam really needs to add servers to this download for the weekend.

I've never had this bad of a problem with steam. Right now I'm friggin mad. I'm at 57% after about 12 hrs of trying to download this game. not cool.

Well I found out it is actually downloading just in spurts. It's at 14% for me but only downloads for about 10 seconds then says "Downloading starting..." again. Then a minute later begins where it left off. Terrible servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom