Unreal Tournament 3 Beta Demo Is Out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have an IGN or FilePlanet account, create an account with the same username/pass/email. I did that, and online worked fine for me.

UT has always been an awesome series, and UT3 sure continues it =D. Played at full settings, 1280x1024. Haven't looked at what my fps are yet, cuz I was too busy playing the game xD.

Wow, this looks and plays amazingly. Sure, it's not a tactical shooter, but I love fast-paced deathmatch games, was a big fan of the original UT, this one seems brilliant. My E2160 and X1950GT play it like butter on 1280x1024, all settings to full and fraps shows about 35-45 fps

Graphics: WOW

Talk about optimization, these guys are wizards! And what? It's a beta demo? So it can only get better? Delicious. :)

The look reminds me a lot of Gears of War (I think that was the first commercial release of a large-budget game featuring the Unreal 3 engine, not sure)

I'm running it on a dual core 1.8GHz with 1mb of L2 cache (E2160) coupled with an x1950gt and it's running fine and dandy.

The issue is probably your card alone. Here's how I usually find out. I put my graphics settings to absolute lowest and lowest resolution. If I get a super high framerate with no stuttering at all, then my processor is fine. Actually, games aren't really that demanding as far as processors are concerned. A graphics card will always give you a better edge unless the game has a ludicrous amount of physics (although... my friend was able have 300+ exploding barrels in Garry's mod blow up with about 100+ corpses lying around everywhere on an Athlon 2800+ and it ran fine) Like, the Crysis Beta runs fine with full physics on my cheapy $90 E2160 dual-core, runs between 60-85 fps when I put settings to low @ 1280x1024 res

I'm running it on a dual core 1.8GHz with 1mb of L2 cache (E2160) coupled with an x1950gt and it's running fine and dandy.

The issue is probably your card alone. Here's how I usually find out. I put my graphics settings to absolute lowest and lowest resolution. If I get a super high framerate with no stuttering at all, then my processor is fine. Actually, games aren't really that demanding as far as processors are concerned. A graphics card will always give you a better edge unless the game has a ludicrous amount of physics (although... my friend was able have 300+ exploding barrels in Garry's mod blow up with about 100+ corpses lying around everywhere on an Athlon 2800+ and it ran fine) Like, the Crysis Beta runs fine with full physics on my cheapy $90 E2160 dual-core, runs between 60-85 fps when I put settings to low @ 1280x1024 res

It ran perfect on all low settings so im assuming its the graphics card. Oh well shes served me good. I could use an el-upgrade. Any price drops coming on the gts's or gtx's???

It ran perfect on all low settings so im assuming its the graphics card. Oh well shes served me good. I could use an el-upgrade. Any price drops coming on the gts's or gtx's???

Actually, you should look into either a 2900PRO (~$270) or the soon-to-be 8800GT (supposedly ~$250) http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/8800gt-benchmarks-156373/

But I'd wait till the GT is released, seems really promising, or, if you're on a tight budget, get an x1950 or 7900 for ~$99, I've seen em around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom