Unreal Tournament 04 Resolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hapx4.0

In Runtime
I was wondering if there is a way to get UT04 to play in something higher than 1280x1024? i have a 19'' Wide screen and usually run everything in 1440x900

Is there a way to change the resolution?

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4656

You have to play around with the .ini file. Just read the method in the link I supplied. Change the resolution and make sure you change the field of view (fov) as well.

It's not a perfect fix (the gave it the grade B) but a stretched HUD isn't that bad.

I think 1440x900 is 16:10 but I'm not sure. That website is very useful about widescreen gaming (hence the name of the website).

Just get the update, it has widescreen support for sure... I've used 16:9 modes and 16:10 modes. 1440x900, 1680x1050 and 1920x1080.

If your game is not patched with the latest version, it may not be a selection in the game menu.

Go to www.unrealtournament.com for the patch.

EDIT: I have only used UT2k4 on Linux and Mac OS X. So I might be wrong, but I know for sure than UT2k4 supports widescreen through the game menu on these.

ahh that could be why. See i bought the game 3 days ago but i haven't got it yet ( newegg.com )

I'm just playing the Demo atm. But if it has all the right resolutions with all the updates. That's awesome, Thanks!

Okay i got the game today and installed it. Uninstalled the demo. Went to the web site and downloaded the newest patch.

But either A. i installed it wrong. or B. it don't support widescreen. I still don't have the option to change it pasted 1280x1024 res. When i downloaded the patch i just unzipped it and copied the files and stuck them in the UT04 folder.

Is there something I'm missing? or is there a way i can check if i have the patch installed right?

I have UT 04 in XP and i can set it too 1440*900, my native resolution. Make sure you have it patched up to date.

Cool. So, could you maybe give me a link to the newest patch? and when you download it, how do you install it? iv tried every way i can think of.

Thanks, ill try the download from there. I think i have the file and i did install i the way you said. Im wondering if my x700pro dont support 1440x900 on this game. Ill have my new graphic card in later today so, well have to see. TY

Any graphics card can do any resolution you want. If anyone says otherwise, they are lying.

It's a myth that really needs to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom