unappreciated games

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrZucchiniHead

Daemon Poster
i know there are alot of games out there that are really good but unappreciated, like silent hunter 3. i just think it would be a good idea to list all the unappreciated games that you know and probably n one else has heard of or seen them in stores before.

Home of the Underdogs

http://www.the-underdogs.org/

Check out the Hall of Belated Fame section.

Of course all of the opinions expressed on that website aren't mine, but there are a few games on that list that I definately feel deserve more respect than they got (plus a few that got more than they deserved).

Anachronox.jpg

Anachronox - It was an RPG set in space. For it's time, it looked good. Especally considering that it had low system requirements.

It was fun to play. Easy Learning Curve. Cool Story.
Some replayability as mid away in the game you have a choice of choosing 3 out of 7 other characters. And you get an idea about there past or side story.
There was also a level creation tool for making mods and even your own RPG.

Over all, the game was a market flop, but for those people that did play it, they enjoyied it

There was a few bugs. I remember one of the bugs placed you out side the map. However you can get around it by replaying the last mission again (which took about an hour). And considering it was ION STORM that was doing it, support for the game was died after the first patch.

sin_box.gif

SiN - Bigest down fall for this game was that out of the box, this FPS was extremely buggy. You can normally get to the 4 level with in about an hour of game play. However if you could get the level 4 to even load on your PC, you are going extremely well. There was a 12Mb Patch out of this game to fix that problem up, and many others. However at the time, people were just still using 33.6k (maybe 56K if you could afford it)

They did do a SiN Expansion. I playied it. It was fun, but it was lacking something.
It did surpise me that only now they are bringing out SiN Episodes after all this time.
It might of been a populare game and all to warrant an exspansion and even an animated movie. But I never really saw many other SiN players out there.

Caesar III. That game is so much fun. All of you who havent played it should try it. I hope that Caesar IV is just as good.

Sanitarium: ASC games
Solitaire:Microsoft

One of those I'm kidding about. Sanitarium was a little disturbing. One scene involves a girl in a war torn town (this all takes place in your mind) carrying her dead baby brother around in a radio flyer and talking with him and you.

Silent Hunter III is amazing. It didnt catch on because sims arent mainstream, but im a hardcore simmer, and i loved it. best sim ive played in recent years.

Independence War II is another. its an open ended game set in space with an amazing plot line and complete freedom. I loved it.

Homeworld games. Some of the best strategy games ever, yet i dont think they ever really caught on. Its possiby because they are so freakin hard to beat, but trust me, you'll feel grrrrrrreat when you do

Hmm...Chronicles of Ridd!ck was a good game, it eventually started getting appreciated, but I heard like nothing about it when it first came out. It actually had the best graphics of its time. Its really hard to think of a true underappreciated game lately when most PC games are pure crap like Pariah and Area 51.

System shock 2- Prepared to get the **** scared out of you.

Vampire the masquerade: bloodlines- Some parts are scary but not nearly as scary as system shock 2. It's such a fun game somewhat similar to fallout but with a more serious tone, dialogs in the game are amazing and the story is excellent. It's got loads of bugs and poorly optimized engine, play through it, it's worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom