unable to play games from china???

Status
Not open for further replies.

wicked23

I know things...
a friend recently returned from a trip to his home country of china and brought home a some games for his sun. All of them seem to have the same issue.

One is called Iron Aces Heros of WWII. I put the game in and Try to run the Setup.exe and get an error stating "the system cannot find the path specified".

My question is are games made in foregin countries run an pc's here? Are there settings that have to be made in order for them to run? Or any other help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

im pretty sure it's just like console games, you ned a system, or in this case and OS, from that country to run the games. i think you might be able to downlaod a program that will let you run the games, but im not sure.

Odds are you got pirated games. China has become the world HQ for it.

Are you trying to run this on a chinese copy of windows. Or English Windows.

I do know that asian language versions of Windows have character sets, and that might be the reason why you are getting this problem.

The only way to fix it is to have a chinese copy of windows. And that you need to get directly from China or Asia.

I think it's stupid that MS still insist on having different language versions of thier OS only avalable in those regions. Personally i think that this support should be native in OS.

I am not sure of any current programs or INI files that will allow you to run asian games on english windows.

Are you trying to run this on a chinese copy of windows. Or English Windows.

I do know that asian language versions of Windows have character sets, and that might be the reason why you are getting this problem.

The only way to fix it is to have a chinese copy of windows. And that you need to get directly from China or Asia.

I think it's stupid that MS still insist on having different language versions of thier OS only avalable in those regions. Personally i think that this support should be native in OS.

I am not sure of any current programs or INI files that will allow you to run asian games on english windows.
They've got language packs for these reasons though. He probably only has to install the east asian language pack.

Start>Control Panel>Regional and language options

Click the "languages" tab and click the 'install files for east asian languages" Then go to the advanced tab and change the uni-code to chinese instead of english assuming that's the language the game is made in.

I have to do that for some japanese games.

I hope he can read chinese quite well since you know everything in that game will be in chinese.

Nubius said:
They've got language packs for these reasons though. He probably only has to install the east asian language pack.

They are very limited. Like my boss (chinese) as tried them. They help, but they are not where as good as the real thing.
Like every time he's over in HK, he's always coming back with an OEM 3 PACK or 2 of Chinese Windows Xp Pro and Home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom