The Ultimate Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

j4ckaL

Daemon Poster
Now that Quake4 and FEAR are out what would you say is the BEST FPS out right now? Is it still HL2 or have one of these new games stolen the crown? I'm not just talking about graphics here I mean the total package FPS with great single player and addictive multiplayer.

Graphics aside, I would have to still give HL2 the crown. These newer games have decent gameplay and are addictive, but are mostly graphical showcases, and although they are fun, they can't be compared to the instant classic that was HL2. They are good though, dont get me wrong. Its good to finally see good games hit the PC market again these days.

I just can't decide between Quake 4 or Half-Life 2. I really like the Quake style of multiplayer........ Valve is selling this package on steam where you get every Valve game and expansion pack that there is for $80........ Quake just came out and has amazing graphics.....if I had the money I'd gladly buy them both. :(

you kidding bf2 has the best graphics with great lighting and viewing distance

even joint operations has really good graphics

as I've said in multiple threads now, quake is boring unless you're just a quake fan altogether...FEAR was good, but as most agree the engine is pretty poorly optimized....I can't compare HL2 to FEAR because theres so much I like about each game...you just can't beat the fire fights and gore produced by FEAR...when I played lost coast level, shooting those guys just wasn't the same anymore.

CoD2 right now is REALLY fun...the tank missions are freakin awesome....D-Day level, is AWESOME, especially if you have good speakers...this game is just so intense and revamped I'm really loving it...it's actually making you feel excited to play whereas HL2 I was just like 'Mmm cool...took em this long to put this out huh"....although it was a great game I just wanted to get through it to see what it was all about...with CoD2 I'm dreading it ending

Half-Life 2 is hard to beat, I wish I had the computer to play it.... I played at a friends, great amazing game. I don't think FEAR is nearly as good in any aspect.

I agree with No-Wedge.... BF2 all the way ;) if youve got a good enough system to run it really high then i think youll seriously enjoy it! and even if you run medium or even low settings its very addictive and will keep you up at night... even any of the other Battlefield Series!

BF2 is overrated in my opinion...

it has little to none infantry combat, too much vehicle combat

they are fun to drive, but running and gunning is so fun too

HL2 is indeed one of the best fps ever made , downside to it is that the replay value is just sooo low. (i mean the single player campaign)

BF2 is glitchy as hell...doesn't look THAT great like you guys are making it out to be. It takes FOREVER to freakin load whether it be the game, the level, or even the freakin menus.

That's one thing that I like about CoD2 is that each level loads very quickly.

so overall

BF2 is overrated in my opinion...

AGREED

I think I'll get BF2 about the time the Special Forces Expansion comes out this month.

Also I think I will get HL2. On steam you can buy a 'Source Premier Pack' package that includes:

HL2
CS:S
DoD:S
HL:S
HL2: Deathmatch
HL2: Lost Coast

All this for $50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom