Ubisoft Releases Reloaded Crack To Fix Their Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Ubisoft Releases Reloaded Crack To Fix Their Game

Let us talk about a major PR blunder for a short time. Ubisoft apparently temporarily (pulled by now again) released a fix for their game Rainbow Six Vegas 2 that fixed a problem for users who could not update and play the game in the latest version. Nothing problematic so far one would think but after analysing the fix with a hex editor it turned out that Ubisoft used a crack created by the warez group Reloaded to fix the problem.
It is obvious that game developers cannot give credit to warez groups even if their cracks are the perfect solution and that's probably the reason why no credit was given.
It's nevertheless highly hypocritical to ban forum members at the official Ubisoft forum for posting links to no-cd cracks while using one of those to fix a game.
I like no-cd cracks because they simplify the gaming experience. I do not have to pick and load a CD or DVD every time I want to play a game and it also saves me from hassles with copy protections.
You can read up on the story at Torrentfreak, Slashdot and the official Ubisoft forum. Props that they have not deleted the topic but only locked it.

haha that's pretty good. I also use no cd-cracks quite often, mainly for the reason that i switch games often and i really hate digging through a ton of cd cases. As well as I like to play some of my 5.1 DVD-A's while playing, and don't want to buy another dvd drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom