Ubisoft Offers Free Stuff To Compensate For DRM Downtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Ubisoft Offers Free Stuff To Compensate For DRM Downtime

I know a lot of you have sworn off Assassin's Creed II (or Ubisoft altogether) over the use of DRM authentication servers that require a constant internet connection but the company is extending an olive branch of sorts. So, what I want to know is this...does a few free games make things okay now or not?

Some gamers are being offered a choice of Prince of Persia, Tom Clancy's HAWX, Tom Clancy's EndWar or Heroes Over Europe for free, while others are receiving the three Assassin's Creed 2 bonus quests previously exclusive to its Special Edition. Kotaku speculates that the peace offering is different for those who already own the SE.

100% NO in my opinion. DRM need to be destroy. It not going to stop games from being pirated but it going to make normal customer seem like criminal. I for one use my hard earn cash to buy these games and if they going to treat everyone like criminal, we might as well just all become criminal.

Offering some thing for free just to compensate for a big screw up is a total cop out. How about a patch that gets rid of the DRM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom