Ubisoft Doesn't want you to play Assassin's Creed Unity on PC

Druid

Fully Optimized
Gamespot said:
Ubisoft today announced the minimum and recommended PC specs for Assassin's Creed Unity, and let's just say it's going to generate Nvidia and AMD some new business.

A 64-bit operating system is required in order to play Unity, and you'll need a whopping 50 GB of hard drive space to install it. The processor and RAM requirements aren't especially noteworthy, but what stands out most are the video card requirements.

A GTX 680 or HD 7970 is the bare minimum for what will run the game. The only video cards supported at release are the GTX 680 or better; the GTX 700 series; the HD 7970 or better; and the R9 200 series. Laptop versions of these "may work but are not officially supported."

By comparison, the last Assassin's Creed game, Black Flag, recommended a GTX 470 or HD 5850 (GTX 260/HD 4870 required), both of which are significantly older than what's being asked for by Unity. Even looking at other games that have been or will be released this fall--Alien: Isolation (GT 430/HD 5550), The Evil Within (GTX 460), and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (GTS 450/HD 5870)--show how Unity's requirements blow them all away.

Ubisoft would no doubt point to the fact that Unity has been built exclusively for current-gen consoles and PC, and it therefore needs a good deal of horsepower to run. Still, it's surprising to see that the PC version of Unity will only be available to a relatively small subset of PC owners--I'm personally out in the dark despite spending close to $600 on a video card less than three years ago.

Required Specs:

Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.3 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or AMD Phenom II x4 940 @ 3.0 GHz
RAM: 6 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon HD 7970 (2 GB VRAM)
DirectX: Version 11
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card with latest drivers
Hard Drive Space: 50 GB available space

Recommended Specs:

Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.4 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or better
RAM: 8 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 or AMD Radeon R9 290X (3 GB VRAM)

Source - Assassin's Creed Unity PC Specs Require a Lot of Your Rig - GameSpot

Come on now Ubi, this runs on consoles, and Windows isn't that power hungry that the minimum gpu is a GTX 680...

I think Assassin's Creed is boring as hell anyways so idgaf.

Yea I saw those and I bet they are completely bogus or they are purposely trashing the PC version like they did Watch Dogs. The game is capped at 30fps and if previous AC games say anything it won't take this kind of power to push this one at 30fps.

Yea I saw those and I bet they are completely bogus or they are purposely trashing the PC version like they did Watch Dogs. The game is capped at 30fps and if previous AC games say anything it won't take this kind of power to push this one at 30fps.

Yeah, like they tried to push that bogus always online crap in number 2. I think they just put no effort into it and just put it out there just for a little extra cash. If it was between a well optimized game and no pc version, I don't think we'd see a pc version.

I ran black flag at usually greater than 144 fps (cause of my monitor) close to maxed out (reduced res of shadows) and it looked great. I can't see anything being added in the new game that reduces the frames that drastically being even close to equivalent in visual benefit.

I ran black flag at usually greater than 144 fps (cause of my monitor) close to maxed out (reduced res of shadows) and it looked great. I can't see anything being added in the new game that reduces the frames that drastically being even close to equivalent in visual benefit.

This game is a bit better looking than black flag, but still, just lol. If 680 is the minimum, then the game should look like the console version when you run it on low settings.

I don't have any interest in playing this, but I am curious if my 4430 would run this. If the answer is yes, is it because the Haswell is more efficient than the Sandy Bridge 2500k?

I've watched their trailers on their Youtube channel and it really doesn't look much better. Maybe lighting effects taken from Watch Dogs here and there, but otherwise nothing that screams "I need a 680 for low settings".

I don't have any interest in playing this, but I am curious if my 4430 would run this. If the answer is yes, is it because the Haswell is more efficient than the Sandy Bridge 2500k?
Both the 2500k and 4430 will run this easily. Much like Watch Dogs, the CPU recommendations are seriously OP.

Back
Top Bottom