turn off the Valve and blow some steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roshi229

Daemon Poster
that's right, BLOW some STEAM!!!!!!!!!!

my LEGIT copy of HL2 is useless! i paid out the @$$ for this thing when it came out a while back and now, after a computer crash and rebuild, i can't get steam to recognize my same old account on the same damn hardware!! THIS says i have to give them another $10 friggen dollars and wait on snail mail to take MY cdkey to them and bring me a new one!?!?! what kind of messed up turds is this?!

by the way, if you tell me my copy isn't legit i'll post a pic for ya!

anyone know if a phone call will solve this problem? if so where can i get the # from.

sorry, just had to blow off a little steam, cuz you know this is BS!

i understand they don't want it copied, but come on! it's not worth it if i have to go through this and pay them $10 for something that wasn't my fault ( b/c you all know an UberGeek would not have anything to do with having to rebuild his pc, before he could burn off his HL2 files!)

thanks
~KB

ya...i've heard from people this steam account stuff is gettin' really stupid.....my buddy bought hl2 and doesn't have the interent...he came to my house and got it workin'...and now, he can't even play a single game because it's locked him out because he needs to renew or something...stupid stuff.

ive never had any problems. Got my steam account on two computers with all my games one each. This is actually allowed, you can only use the account once at any one point time :)

Just install the game, install steam and enter your steam account details as before. The cdkey will be registered to your steam account (the one you used before).

i wouldnt see why u are having problems. your steam account should be saved on valve servers, allowing u to access your steam account from any computer. i have a new computer and have steam loaded up on it and have no troubles at all accessing the steam system with my account. like chrisgill said, all the cdkey and game info is registered to your steam account.

i think that steam is stupid and useless. and i have friends who cant play hl2 becuase of the required internet connection. i hope the ppl that are sueing valve right now win. i had to the link for it, if i find it, i will post it.

Yea, I heard HL2 required internet connection, for some stupid verification thing.

This whole piracy protection issue has gotten way out of hand. The only ones it hurts are the legit users anyways, and if Valve had half a brain it would realize this. Hackers know how to get around this stuff. Normal users can't, so they're screwed.

I'm just glad I never got into the first HL. I wouldn't want to be supporting a company like this.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Do you remeber your old steam account?
i think so, i selected to retrieve account info, typed in the cd key and it sent my account info to my email... but then when i try to sign in with that account info, it asks for the cd key... so i enter it... and it tells me it's already in thier system, doesn't say it on another account, just says it matches one in thier DB... i'm at a total loss...

First off... you'd better make sure your CD key isn't compromised... second off... that shouldn't matter that you reformatted. Steam allows you to install on as many computers as you would like. I have it on 4 computers (home laptop, home desktop, work desktop, work server). All running under my same account. It only gives me a problem if two machines try to get into the same game at the same time. Otherwise, steam goes off without a hitch!

flexx said:
Yea, I heard HL2 required internet connection, for some stupid verification thing.

This whole piracy protection issue has gotten way out of hand. The only ones it hurts are the legit users anyways, and if Valve had half a brain it would realize this. Hackers know how to get around this stuff. Normal users can't, so they're screwed.

I'm just glad I never got into the first HL. I wouldn't want to be supporting a company like this.

and seriously... hardly anyone with computers that would play HalfLife 2 is internetless. If you want to use it, it's a quick sign on for verification and you're set. Its not that big of an issue.

~Everyone

Well, i have HL2, play it everyday, never have problems, I do agree that this problem youve all noticed can piss enough people off, but this can be taken into bigger hands personally. You can take the game back, Email valve, do whatever you can exept join a forum and beg. HELL! Just get an internet connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom