Trouble running anything with Java

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blenders

Solid State Member
Whenever I play a java-based game it will freeze approximately 3 seconds, then unfreeze about 1 second. That continues as long as I play the game (its not lag, its not my computer being slow, don't even say that).

When it started:
About 5 days ago. I was playing a Java game (runescape) and someone came over so I tried to shut it down as fast as possible by holding in the power button. When I restarted it later, ANYTHING using java had the problem. Before that any java game worked fine.

I use:
Norton Antivirus (think that might be the problem, someone on another site said they turned off Norton Adblocker and it worked temporarily)
Internet explorer
Windows XP

Things I've tried that haven't worked:
  • Updating Java
    Reinstalling Java
    Getting Sun Java
    Unchecking and checking various boxes under internet options>advanced
    Turning off my firewall
    System Restore
    Its not my graphics card
    Running programs such as Ad-Aware, disk cleanup, and disk defragmenter
    Its not my computer having too much memory being used, 85% of my memory is free.

unless you paid for norton i would suggest getting rid of it then see if java works better for you.

if it does get another anti virus, i cant stand norton at all takes up way too much resources for me.

avg is a free anti virus
nod32 is nice iuse it personally
a couple of my friends use bit defender and they seem to really like it

just a couple ideas if you do have to use a different anti virus

I don't really want to uninstall norton, mostly because my mom would get ****ed at me.

It is currently working again. But if I restart again I know it won't and I don't want to have to wait about 4 days to use java after every time I restart so still looking for a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom