Which would you buy for 3D gaming? Cost is not a factor

• 3 24" 120Hz monitors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 42-60" 3D tv

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna try and see if I can redo the setup in my room. But to fit any DLP tv it's gonna have to be one **** of a makeover :p exciting!

I have a 42" samsung plasma it rocks for games but sux for reading web pages, my max view is 1920 x 1080.
not sure if a LCD would be better, but through your research I'm sure you have already found out these things.

I have a 42" samsung plasma it rocks for games but sux for reading web pages, my max view is 1920 x 1080.
not sure if a LCD would be better, but through your research I'm sure you have already found out these things.

Yo gotta sit closer to it. I have a 52" LCD hooked up to a comp in my basement. The couch is just like 3 feet too far back and I have to get up to read stuff.

I use a 52 inch Plasma via HDMI after the sound is processed thru a AV Sony HD receiver - I have to tweak the PSU settings when surfing the web to be able to read print. BUT, great sound and visuals when gaming.

Well as everyone knows, i was probably the first to jump on the eyefinity bandwagon back in December. Well earlier this week my dp > hdmi adapter was bugging out and ****ing me off so i switched back to my 30" dell. I HATE IT. after you get used to having the "surround" screens it is really hard to go back to 1 large monitor. The other thing that is hard to deal with is that the 30" is just so massive compared to having a single 23/24" in front of you and 1 on each side of you.

I'm actually going to switch back to the 23s this weekend.

Well as everyone knows, i was probably the first to jump on the eyefinity bandwagon back in December. Well earlier this week my dp > hdmi adapter was bugging out and ****ing me off so i switched back to my 30" dell. I HATE IT. after you get used to having the "surround" screens it is really hard to go back to 1 large monitor. The other thing that is hard to deal with is that the 30" is just so massive compared to having a single 23/24" in front of you and 1 on each side of you.

I'm actually going to switch back to the 23s this weekend.

I cant stand one screen either, and i only have two. Going from 3 to 1 must suck even more.

I feel for you :silly:

I play in landscape. I tried portrait but it just ends up making 1 giant monitor with bezels in between. The trick to playing landscape is that the vast majority of your "playing" is on the main screen. I mostly play wow, and having 2 extra screens lets me put all of my logs and other stuff in the other 2 screens so that all of the action is taking place in the middle screen. This also expands my field of vision so i can keep an eye on if someone is doing something stupid and about to pull extra groups or if there is a red name coming at me.

My only gripe with triple monitors is that all the games i want to play don't freaking support it properly.

Yeah...I just didn't like 3 monitors in landscape, just too much on my desk. I never used more than one screen when not gaming, so it was even less attractive after a while. And like you, most of the games I wanted to play were just not supported. It took 3 hours to get used to BC2 in a single screen and by that time I was not missing it too much. Sure it was fun but not $550 extra worth of fun lol. I'd much rather have a single huge screen. I'm glad I tried it out though, for sure.

Well I've decided to go with a projector, just gotta decide which one now :p
Acer H5360 1280x720
DepthQ® HD 3D Projector by LightSpeed Design, Inc. 1280x720
ViewSonic PJD6531w 1280x720

Those three are the choices...hmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom