Which would you buy for 3D gaming? Cost is not a factor

• 3 24" 120Hz monitors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 42-60" 3D tv

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah...too big. I'll be sitting about 1.1 meters away from the screen, so 30-40" seems the best range. But, as I mentioned before, I can't find a 1080p true 120Hz screen that size :(

^yeah 57" that close? That is way too big for a computer screen anyway. Heck my hdtv i used is only 50". I would top out on computer screen probably around 42, and thats pushing it, would probably look for something more along the lines of 32-42. But as you said you cant find the 120hz for that size, so maybe you will have to skip out on it, or go the tripple monitor setup.

There has to be more options than what is listed on Nvidia's site...maybe try widescreenforum? 50+ is enormous lol, 40-46" wall mounted and like others said, a 22-24" on the side sounds smexy. The coolest setups I have seen are Dell 30" in the middle (problem there is the price of those monitors) with a 22" on each side vertically. Let me search around for some examples..

couldn't find the specific posts, but check out these threads to give you some ideas :D
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1482377
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=862341&page=701

I'd have to agree with the rest, 1 big screen. I game on a 32", and love it. I also don't like the thought of 2 huge bezels right down the screen either. That would just drive me nuts.

one big screen is my vote. The bezels is what kills eyefinity for me. If i were to get a system that extends side FOV like that i would like somehow get that prototype curved screen from CES 2008 was it?

ooo I remember seeing that! posted something about it here as a matter of fact... wish I would have had the money and that they would have actually came out with it at the time!

Hmmmmm
TBH now that I think about it, 60" is probably a little big for how close I'll be sitting. 50" should really be the max size

edit: I'm on crack. Any suggestions for a good 120hz 42-46" tv?

Be careful, it's not that simple. 120hz doesn't mean it will immediately work, for some reason. I am pretty sure (although dont hold me to it) Samsungs and Pansonics new 3DTV's do not work with 3D Vision, but hopefully i'm wrong on that.

Type in 3D Vision forums on google and theres a special 3D forum section on nVidias forums that is helpful.

Your best bet is to get the biggest screen possible. The effect is amazing on my 22inch monitor but a big screen would certainly be better and LCD/CRT sucks as it has major ghosting, i can only imagine what it would be like on a huge DLP 3D tv or DLP 3D projector with no ghosting. The bigger the screen the more popout you get and the more depth you can have.

Alot of people on the nVidia forums seem to have Mitsubishi 3D DLP TV's, others have the Acer H5360 3D Projector, the slightly poorer people have Alienware OptX or the new Acer 3D LCD displays, or the much poorer ones like me have Samsung 2233RZ monitors :cry: (I am using 'poorer' in the relative sense, by the way. I dont think anyone that can afford PC gaming can be called poor)

Whichever one you get you will be impressed with the effect, but bigger really is better, and DLP/Projectors are the way to go if you can..

Just to protect myself though:

1) Dont blame me if you hate it
2) Dont blame me if your setup doesn't work

:thumbsup:

One last thing.

YOU AIN' PLAYED LEFT4DEAD BEFORE YOU'VE PLAYED LEFT4DEAD 3D! IT F'N ROX and i hated left 4 dead..

lol, k
And yeah I did some more research on the 120hz thing, if you read my post above my post above this one.
I'll do some thinking today, really map out my room and see how big a screen I can fit :p

I wish i could afford a 3D projector and another 470, i'd be so happy with that setup. So not ever going to happen though. Just the projector is a small possibility if i save for several months and sell some of the crap i've acquired over the past few months. Kinda stuck, promised the old man i'd get a proper carp fishing kit so we can go on fishing/camping holidays together and thats going to set me back ~300 before i can even think about getting a projector, and i am still failing to think where i can even get 300 from ! :(

Anyway Soulphire you need to help me on this 3D revolution it's like the best thing to come to gaming ever, and hardly anyone has it. Such a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom