Top 10 games to keep away from the kiddies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^

i agree with you one on that one carnage you can always tell ho is and isn't a gamer by how much they complain about them lmao

yeah, haha, I read Neuromancer when I was like about 14 years old, I remember, the scene where Case bangs Molly in the dark, the vivid descriptions of violence, gore and drug use, cursing etc.. and Stephen King's 'It' has some underage gangbang scene if I'm not mistaken, ah, and I remember Ender's Game, there's a part in the book where Ender's brother is like mutilating a captured squirrel by cutting it open and separating the muscle tissues while it's still alive, and Ender is basically unknowingly killing other young kids (like 10 years old) at a school-like war academy

or does anybody remember those amazing cross-section books? there was this one in my elementary school library that had medieval castles or imperial-era warships, and you'd see these small people in torture rooms being opened up and chopped up, or soldiers being blown to bits by cannon balls, does anybody remember those books??

haha I found some pics:
41QzdAFc9RL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
9781564584670.jpg

and this PBF comic comes to mind:
PBF130-Book_World.gif

* Blitz: The League II
* Dead Space
* Fallout 3
* Far Cry 2
* Gears of War 2
* Legendary
* Left 4 Dead
* Resistance 2
* Saints Row 2
* Silent Hill: Homecoming

MATURE
* Guitar Hero World Tour
* Rock Band 2
* Rock Revolution
* Spider-Man: Web of Shadows
* Shaun White Snowboarding

Why is Spider man under mature? Dead Space? Gears Of War 2?

Wow they're watch dogging all the good games.

Those last games were on the Teen list, Hussein... All the ones before those were on the M list.

I'm not too worried about that list, but I will say I did enjoy Ender's Game quite a bit. He was quite the masterful strategic mastermind, making the book really interesting. His brother, Peter, was my favorite character though. He was all like "I rule teh world *****es!!! I do what the **** I want."

I can kinda understand this list. Everyone is mainly talking from the point of view as being a long time gamer who grew up with this. But i am a parent now so my views changed.

As i have said in many threads over the past couple of years gaming has come a long way. Yeah back when i started in teh 8Bit Era you could TELL that the games were not real. You could distinguish the difference between reality and games.

Not so much anymore. The 360 and PS3 are soely dedicated to making games as real as possible. So if a kid starts to play them at 5 years of age and doesnt make the distinction between real and game that is where the problem comes in.

Yeah you can blame the parents for not teaching them but the truth is that is really hard now. When they look at a game and then watch a movie and there is no real difference in GFX the kids get confused. You can try to show them the difference as much as you want but it doesnt always work.

It took me a good 2 years to convince my nephew that Yu Gi Oh and Pokemon were not real. He thought he could grow up to be a Trainer for Pokemon and a Yu Gi Oh champion. He was 7 at the time when i started. Now he knows the difference but it took me 2 years of teaching to get him to see the difference.

That was jsut card games and cartoons. That wasnt even a PS3 or 360 game. They have a 360 now and i demoed Iron Man on there and he thought it was real. He thought that someone had really created that suit of armor and was fighting bad guys.

When you play on a PS3 and 360 to start and there isnt really much difference between what you are playing and what is real then things get tough. My baby knows some already cause i have hooked up my Intellivision and NES already and played with her. But she wont know anything like a 360 till she is at least 10 so that i know she can distinguish the difference.

You can say what you want. It isnt that hard and blah blah blah. But not being in the position and having to deal with it first hand you dont know. You have to break the kids heart to tell them what they believe in and love is not real. Having to look into their eyes and see the tears and the heartbreak is tough. Much tougher than you would expect.

Looking upon it as someone who isnt a parent compared to someone that is is like seeing 2 different sides of a coin. Like saying the glass is half empty to half full.

You dont know what it will be like until that first time you have to tell them that something they love isnt real and see the heartbreak personally. Yeah you can say it now that you will let them play and nothing will go wrong. But you dont know. You are not in their head. You can teach all you want. But understanding what you are trying to teach is fully different than teaching it.

That is why i have changed my tune. I used to think that way. My kid will play games and all of this and that. Till i had to tell her that Dora wasnt real and see how heart broken she was. It is gut wretching. You almost cry yourself cause of the pain you just put on your child.

So dont jump to the gun to early saying that you will let them play at such a young age with the current systems out there. Cause you will see how fast that you change your tune when you really have to see the reaction of someone who looks up to you and thinks the world of you, then to see their reaction when you break their heart.

You wont be saying that then. I was like that once. I thought that my kid would play my PS2 and PC games and not have a worry in the world. Till i got to see this stuff first hand. Till i had to deal with it daily. It is much tougher than you might imagine.

I personally won't let my kids play violent games (when they are old enough) for that very reason. I even pause L4D or CoD when my daughter (almost 2) comes in the room, because to her everything she sees is realistic and a reality. The last thing I need is for her to wake up in the wee hours crying because she had a nightmare about puking zombies and a whole lot of blood.

What gets to me is that the majority of parents think similarly to me on this issue and are very careful about what content their children are exposed to (still confused why I hear so many kiddies in games...haha), so who is this watchdog group to give parents an "incomplete" when it's really just a handful of parents that are being slack on the issue.

It really is the parents' business what their kids are exposed to and they can make whatever choice they are comfortable with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom