Top 10 games to keep away from the kiddies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
people need to stop complaining about video games

IT'S JUST A GAME

did you guys hear bout the kid who ran away from home cause his parents took away cod4 and he ended up falling out of a tree and his rib punctured his lung and he died
and now people are saying how bad video games are because what they make kids do.

clearly if the kid RAN AWAY FROM HOME he already had serious problems.(not to sound like an arse but thats the way it is)

my parents got a ps2 when it first came out and that was my first console i always played james bond and medal of honour and i'm only 15 now so i was probably only 8-10
round then,and i'm not that messed up lmao

people need to stop complaining about video games

IT'S JUST A GAME

did you guys hear bout the kid who ran away from home cause his parents took away cod4 and he ended up falling out of a tree and his rib punctured his lung and he died
and now people are saying how bad video games are because what they make kids do.

clearly if the kid RAN AWAY FROM HOME he already had serious problems.(not to sound like an arse but thats the way it is)

my parents got a ps2 when it first came out and that was my first console i always played james bond and medal of honour and i'm only 15 now so i was probably only 8-10
round then,and i'm not that messed up lmao
and you wont be.

I can understand heavily violent and graphic games like GTA and such but really these games aren't that bad and you can turn off the blood decals, anyways. They're just games, just like anything else. And we live in a world where PARENTS control what they're kids do, not society. parents complain about violent video games but these games are rated M! They have to be 17 to buy them in the first place, for the most part it's the parents buying them the games anyways and then complaining about them later! And they forget that M rated video games have an adult audience in mind, not their little 10 year old.

It's up to the parents to decide what to do and why. The rest of the world shouldn't have to suffer for their ignorance and unwillingness to raise their children.

The lines about how "violent games make kids violent" is just an excuse. If they influence your child's behavior it's because you haven't made them realize the differences between video games and reality. Once again, it's up to the parents. Adults shouldn't have to suffer because they can't take some responsibility.

I can understand heavily violent and graphic games like GTA and such but really these games aren't that bad and you can turn off the blood decals, anyways. They're just games, just like anything else. And we live in a world where PARENTS control what they're kids do, not society. parents complain about violent video games but these games are rated M! They have to be 17 to buy them in the first place, for the most part it's the parents buying them the games anyways and then complaining about them later! And they forget that M rated video games have an adult audience in mind, not their little 10 year old.

It's up to the parents to decide what to do and why. The rest of the world shouldn't have to suffer for their ignorance and unwillingness to raise their children.

The lines about how "violent games make kids violent" is just an excuse. If they influence your child's behavior it's because you haven't made them realize the differences between video games and reality. Once again, it's up to the parents. Adults shouldn't have to suffer because they can't take some responsibility.

well said. iv been playing violent games like tenchu i think you know that ninja game on the ps1 and games like AVP GTA SOLDER OF FORTUNE i turned out fine. like jorsoft03 said it's just an excuse for lazy parenting.

I played tons of violent games ever since I was like 5 (of course graphics back then made it so no one really cared) and I've had no problems. I played Doom, Mortal Kombat, Duke Nukem, GTA and I have yet to shoot anybody in the face with a shot gun or cut them in half with a chainsaw...

Yet...

Every friggin MMO on the market should be on that list. I am an ex addict at 25 and the last thing I would want any kid of mine to be doing it becoming obsessed with an MMO and loosing all contact with reality and any chance at a social life. Mind you, I would prefer people under 14 (approximately) to not be playing very violent video games, at least not with supervision, but given the choice between the addictive nature of MMOs and most violent games I would prefer the violence.

see rating games so that they only sell them to kids who are old enough just doesn't work

i myself(15)went to a grocery store and bought gta vice city..

when i was ten i went to walmart to buy medal of honour rising sun(rated teen) and when the guy said no your to young i just walked around the store and waited till that guy was gone and got someone else to sell it to me.

all about beating the system:D

I bought a Duke Nukem game when I was like 12 :)

And when they actually started paying attention to age ratings and carded kids my friend (15 at the time) went to buy some "M" game at the mall. They wouldn't let him so he walked out and asked the first adult to walk by if he would get it for him. Offered the guy a few bucks for his time but the guy said it was fine, so he just gave him the money for the game and the guy went and got it for him. The clerk saw the whole thing but still sold the guy the game.

Was playing violent games all the time since I was 5 on my Genesis. MK, Streets of Rage, Primal Rage, etc. All very bloody games, very violent as well. I turned out fine because my parents knew I was able to distinguish between reality and fiction.

I think there is too much workup on games...why isn't there as big of a deal on movies and music? Oh and books espeically. Books lets the reader imagine whats going on... Heck, in my school library, we have Stephen King/Dean Koontz books (couple of my favorite authors), that are just filthy at times. And these books are ranked as "5th grade and 6th grade" books. Really? A 5th/6th grade reading about sex/rape/violence? Guaranteed if the same stuff that was in that book, was in a movie or game or whatever, people would be having a fit over it. I'd say imagination is worse than what you actually see at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom