Took UAC off on Vista x64, now my COD 4 Profile is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_wizard

In Runtime
And as you all know COD4 stores it's multiplayer profile locally on your machine. So somehow in the whole process of me taking the UAC off, I am no longer level 55 with all my achievements...

Not only that but I lost my box that I got with the game that has my CD Key - so when I go to play multiplayer it says CD Key in use so now I can't play mutiplayer.

So what the crap? Where is my old profile that I can take the info and swap it back over?

just a quick question first, how did YOU take UAC off? Because I've got COD4, and am running vista, on which UAC is turned off, and everything still works fine. No multiplayer profile murder :)

I'm thinking you must have done something wrong when you were disabling UAC. Nehuz, post up exactly how you turned it off first, and I'll see if you've done it right.

Soul i think you had UAC disabled when you installed CoD4 right? And Mr. Wizard you turned it off after right?

Could very well be that the game was tied into the UAC. I have seen the behavior before where programs need UAC to run properly. Espically if UAC is turned off after they are installed.

Mr. Wizard if you could turn UAC back on. See if your profile comes back.

I installed a program that rips flash from web-sites, and it included a utility to take uac off. Ran that, restarted the computer - everything was fine except all my save games are now gone. Most importantly being COD 4.

Did you try what Mak said? and if you did, did it work?
btw, did you check whether your saved games are ACTUALLY gone? e.g. whether the files themselves are deleted, or is it just that the game says there are none.

I have a feeling the saves are still there, just the pathway to them was somehow screwed up. Browse around for the actual files yourself and see if they're still there. If they are, look up where COD4 multiplayer saves are meant to be located, and copy the saves to that location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom