Tomb Raider: Legend Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
Need Something Different?

Well, I decided to check out a demo tonight so I downloaded the TRL demo from gamespot.com. I played all of the previous TR games on most platforms and really didn't know what to expect from this new TR.
After a very quick installation and configuration I started the demo.

All settings on high.

The Demo plays very, very nicely and is basically just a chance for you to figure out and learn all the controls. The learning curve is fairly low and I was climbing, swinging and jumping around in no time.

What impressed me a lot was the look and feel of this game. The graphical aspect is really nice. They have added some really great "visual effects" that give this game a really nice touch. The depth of field blur is great. The soft shadows and HDR lighting is well done. Many of the textures are very highly detailed and are smooth as silk.

I can't say that the enemies that i encountered in the demo look that good and aren't very smart, but at least they put up a fight.
From what i've seen they've included a very nice physics engine. I'm not sure which they used, i'll have to research that, but it's pretty cool. "You see what i mean if you play the demo". The variety of camera angles and positions you can use during game play allow you to really get a wide angle view of this game. There is actually a wide angle setting, which I didn't use.

One of the other things i liked was the fact that the gameplay sems to be built on puzzles and obstacles. Making you stop and think your moves as you play into it a bit. For $39.99 it's certainly worth the purchase as I'm sure the full version will be an excellent play.

I might have to pick me up a copy. This game may not be for everyone, but DL the demo and check it out. Post what you think. Or if you played it, give your opinion.

What do you know!? NOTHING! That's what!

Never really played the TR games. Mainly because I never had a playstation or anything and by the time I did there was already 18 of them out and I didn't care to try it.

I'll check out this demo though.

i have completed tomb raider legend game and it was good game, but it is not as good as the older one tomb raider the angle of darkness game.

tomb raider the angle of darkness has a better story line, more puzzles and it is one of the longest game i ever played.

meh, it's not your type of game. It doesn't have any elves or japanese girls in it. lol....

But, hey i could be wrong.
It only originated in japan......NOOB.

Beyond that, where the crap do you get "doesnt have elves".......I freakin hate that garbage. Oblivion is the only RPG style game I've played as I really don't like mystical little elves and prancing fairies such as yourself punk.

In all seriousness......I really don't know where you got the idea I like elves lol

Besides, I don't think there's a game out there that has hot japanese girls.......if there was.......I surely would have stolen it by now.

Visited little tokyo in LA the other day. Awesome stuff....had a gorgeous little japanese waitress serve my table :D

I've played the demo, but I probably won't pick up the game until it hits the bargain bin. Adventure games typically have limited replayability.

Don't read this before you play the demo. It will just sit there in the back of you mind and screw you up.
http://cad-comic.com/comic.php?d=20060403

Angel of Darkness was crap. The worst TR game out, sorry but I hated it, where was the "tomb raiding" and what was all the "I can't move that box until my strength increases", no thanks. TR:L is great if a little short. It took me about 10 hours to complete but well worth every penny and I still haven't played the Manor levels yet. If you haven't played it yet and enjoyed any of the previous TR, especially the earlier ones then this is a must game.

Well, I was at the mall today and decided to pick up the full version. I had some money still left on an EBGAMES gift card so i used it up.

You know what, this game is really, really fun. It's not that hard and it doesn't seem like it's going to take too long to complete... but hey, it's certainly well worth the $40 i paid for it.

If you're looking for a new game and a change of pace, consider it.

Also, if you've got a system that can handle it at max settings with "Next Generation Content" enabled... it looks really, really nice.

I give it a 8.5 out of 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom