Titan Quest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raekwon

Daemon Poster
Ok, I realise its not new, but I only got it 3 days ago :)

Anyone who liked Diablo 2, will enjoy playing through TQ.

It's hack and slash, just like Diablo 2.
It's got very simple story and dialogue, just like Diablo 2.
It's your responsibility to save the world, just like Diablo 2.

basically, its a clone with Greek mythology, a 3d engine and different story.

However. that said, its an awesome game! I can't stop playing.

It's got simple side quests, easy stats for players and items.
Essentially it's a no-brainer RPG, much like Diablo 2 is. The thing is, its new and fresh, unlike Diablo 2, which is getting crusty and old after literally years of replaying.

If you're not sure whether to play it, definately give it a go. just be wary that the 1.10 release (unpatched) is quite buggy, expect random crashes if you don't update.

Yup, I've been playing it for about a week now. After creating several characters, I finally decided on an Avenger (Earth/Hunting) which is like a fire archer. I'm now level 22 in Egypt.

This is a really high-quality game, but it will get repetitive. If you're having a drought of cool items you will get tired of killing the same monsters.

But it's huge... tons of items... lots of character customization... physics... great graphics... well-polished.

Anyways, I'm loving this game too.

I wanted to add I thought it was funny, among all of the similarities to D2, that the second act takes you to a desert.

yeah, its totally a Diablo 2 rip off, but that aside, it IS still a good game

just quit playing for today... lvl 25 Warden (Hunter/Defence) finished Egypt now :)

just got 3 set pieces.. rameses helmet and boots :) and some other random rogue armour from a set.

got to show you a random thing i saw in the shop though, i'll attach it.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1128/9milforgreavesvf2.jpg

I guess thats proof that the pricing system is based on item power, and not set values ;)

557 Armor? That's strange.

I had a lazy Sunday and really ripped through a good portion of the game. I'm now 31 and more than halfway through the Orient. I'm mostly playing as a fire mage and an archer as backup. Volcanic Orb and my new Eruption ability are really destroying my enemies. My pet golem has lost his effectiveness as I advanced through the game and ignored adding points to him. I'm pretty much a glass cannon with fire magic running around with a bow.

I didn't notice you could add attribute points to Health or Energy until like... an hour ago. I don't know why, I just didn't notice it. So I have high dexterity and high intelligence with pretty low strength that I'm just gonna work on for a little bit so I don't get locked out of equipment.

I found it is best to push your way through the game if you want to level at a decent pace. Replaying boss battles and such for more equipment doesn't usually yield anything more in the way of blue items. Going back and forth between vendors looking for that perfect green item (that you can further enchant with relics) is a good way to equip yourself if you have money from selling other things.

OK, done with this little tangent. My wrist feels funny from all the clicking, heh.

BTW if you catch up with me in levels we could play online.

yeah the thing was totally random, i dunno why it came up when everything else was more like 50armour, i've seen it one more time since as well, but a different item, for about 2mil :p

I think there should be some documentation about the blue/green/yellow item tags...
In diablo for example, Blue is normal magical, yellow is rare, green is set and gold/bronze colour is unique.

its the same kind of thing in TQ but I dunno for sure what each would be. obviously the yellow is Magical. shall we call green rare? and blue is Unique and set as well right?

maybe its just me, but i'd like to see some order, and names, instead of referring to items as "greens" and "blues" for example :)

EDIT: oh and jeez, congrats on lvl31 in 1 day! thats power xping! :p

The item color codes are in the manual on page 37.

White is common and pretty useless past the first ten minutes of the game, yet they continue to drop like candy just to torment you.

Yellows are magical and start to become common toward the end of the game. Items with a prefix word and a suffix word usually sell a lot higher.

Greens are rare, and typically have several enchantments on them, sometimes being % increases. These can still be socketed with relics, sometimes making them better than blues. Can be found in shops.

Blues are Epic, and fairly rare. Can't be socketed, but sometimes they don't need to be.

Purples are Legendary, and very rare. Can't say anything about these because I haven't found one. I guess I'll start finding them in the higher difficulty levels.

oh ok, of course! the manual :mad:

well, i'm not quite half way through the orient, just found some interesting leggings though, see attached.

my items are pretty good now, armour and a weapon both give me 98% extra bleeding damage, on top of 111 from a hunter skill (only 7/12 so far) and also lots of resistances, now with those leggings i think this char will be a bit of a tank :p

also its worth mentioning that Blue items can also be Set items, like the 2 pieces of the Rameses set i have (see below).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom